Warehouse Operative -Tewkesbury - £11 per hour + benefits. Potential hourly rate £12.07 Our Warehouse has recently welcomed a new management team and are responsible for unloading and storing stock received from our manufacturing site, along with loading wagons ready for home delivery. The products are mostly mattresses, bed frames and bedroom furniture (heavy items) so please consider this when applying.
Working Hours: 37.5hrs per week. Rotational Shifts 06:00 -14:00 and 14:00 - 22:00
Overtime x 1.5 £16.50phOvertime x 2 (Sunday) £22.00phAttendance Bonus Potential £40 per week Potential Hourly Rate if bonus is achieved (37.5hrs) £12.07ph The Role
We are hiring Warehouse Operatives for immediate starts who will be responsible for ensuring that all daily warehouse tasks are completed under the supervision of the Warehouse Team Leader.
Your role will involve:
- Receiving, storing and loading of customer specific orders and stock, into the delivery units ready for delivery.
- Ensuring the right stock is picked from the correct location and goes to the right bay, minimising errors
- Doing stock counts, safety checks, processing returned goods as required
- Using manual and mechanical operations to move incoming stock from suppliers
- Ensuring all handling, Health and Safety procedures and operating standards are maintained in line with company policies.
- Being part of a great customer service delivery operation so that we remain a leading provider of logistics services.
Full job description available on request
- Previous manual handling experience and experience of working within a warehousing environment preferred
- Previous experience of Warehouse Management Systems would be beneficial
- Ability to lift and manoeuvre heavy customer products
- Understands the importance of their role in Home delivery and its contribution to the wider customer experience
- Understands the importance of an effective warehousing operation to the wider customer experience
- Self-Motivated, disciplined & Positively contributes to the team, creating a 'Great place to work'
- Desire to deliver on our promises to our customers.
- PPT Licence preferred
In return for your contribution to the site's performance, we offer a competitive base salary of £11 per hour plus all these extra benefits:
- Employee discount scheme for Bensons products
- 'Perks' discounts from numerous high street and online retailers and service providers to save you money on your everyday purchases and bigger expenses such as holidays and travel, electrical goods, motoring and leisure products etc.
- Pension scheme provided by Legal & General
- Healthshield cashback options for Health and wellbeing services (dental, optical, virtual GP, other hospital services and more)
- Access to Retail Trust services (guidance and support on retail issues, mental health, wellbeing & financial topics)
- Learning and development programmes to gain new knowledge and skills
- Career progression - access to internal opportunities to build your career within Bensons for Beds
- Long service awards and 'Love to Shop' voucher rewards to spend as you like
- 28 days holiday, rising to 31 after 2 years' service
( qualifying periods apply) About Bensons for Beds
We're Bensons for Beds! We put Sleep Wellness at the heart of everything we do. With 100 years of experience in sourcing and manufacturing the best quality beds, frames and mattresses, at Bensons we understand how to design the perfect, tailored sleep experience. We have 170+ locations and employ c 1800 colleagues. Under new ownership of Alteri Investors we have an ambitious 3 year plan to grow the business further and achieve our mission of being the market leading bed retailer with a strong omnichannel presence. If you're looking for a great Warehouse role, we would love to have a chat....