Reed Secure are working with a leading University based in Greenwich, they are seeking talented individuals to join them to assist in the provision and responsibility for the development and delivery of learning, teaching and assessment, including module material on the virtual learning environment. This will include curriculum development and the design, enhancement and organisation of teaching and learning.
Individuals will need to be qualified to degree level and have credible experience working as a police officer. A masters level qualification and experience of teaching, particularly with apprenticeships, would be a great advantage but not essential.
Successful individuals will be able to demonstrate good practice in teaching, learning and assessment in order to ensure that students have an effective learning experience by providing high quality academic guidance and advice and by enhancing their retention/progression and employability.
Core duties include:
- Contribute to quality monitoring and enhancement and the continuous improvement of the curriculum, teaching and quality of provision.
- Contribute to developing and promoting employer engagement, student recruitment and the external profile of the institution to students, employers, partners and professional bodies.
- Engage appropriately in professional development and active membership of professional bodies to keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Develop programme and module handbooks and related information for students.
- Work effectively as a team member, contributing to committees and working groups.
- To undertake professional development in support of teaching and other core activities.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and the Freedom of Information Act (2001) and all other rules and regulations.
This is a new and exciting role in a new and dynamic organisation. You will bring a considerable track record of achievement along with enthusiasm to work as part of a team's!
If you have the following experience and attributes.
- Master's degree in relevant discipline
- Evidence of supporting student success, Experience of curriculum design, producing teaching, learning and assessment materials, Ability to generate and follow through innovative ideas
- Very good standard of oral and written communication
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Good organisational skillsExperience of teaching at HE and/or FE level
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to deal effectively and to communicate with people at a range of levels
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Good time management skills
- Willingness to engage in flexible working
Then please do not hesitate to apply for the opportunity, Tutors are needed to start on the 19th of September so don't delay!