Due to our continued growth and success, we now require an additional Team leader within our Mortgage Completions department. This role would suit individuals who are currently working as a Team Leader who have managed an administration team within a regulatory sector and seeking a new challenge within a new industry, whereby you can bring your regulatory compliance, training and managing skills into the mortgage sector. Previous mortgage experience is favourable but not essential.
The opportunity is based in Fleet working the hours of 9am - 5pm with 2 days WFH after the successful completion of the 3-month probationary period. You will receive a salary of up to £45k dependant on experience plus a discretionary annual bonus, 25 days holiday, non-contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance and income protection.
The main function of the Completions Team Leader will be to manage the administration support assistant team ensuring that mortgage applications are processed effectively and efficiently to legal Completion. The Team Leader is responsible for driving team members' training and development so that the team are competent to deliver a professional and high standard of service to all customers, intermediaries, valuers and solicitors.
You will report into the Operations Manager and manage an administrative team of up to 10 assistance, ensuring that the teams' targets and objectives are met whilst complying with regulatory and legislative requirements, and to ensure adherence to all internal policies and procedures.
• Work to agreed objectives, service standards and deliverables
• In the Operations Manager's absence, can manage the team and represent the Completions area at internal/external meetings as required
• The job holder will continue to deal with incoming work, alongside managing their team
• Responsible for assisting with recruitment, training and development of team
• Ensure both self and team adhere to all policy, procedure, compliance, credit review and audit requirements by monitoring individual performance and providing feedback
• Set objectives and document progress in monthly performance reviews
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships within the team and across all departments
• Foster a progressive culture that encourages ideas for improvement by continuously challenging team performance and processes to improve efficiency and quality
• Adhere to internal/external compliance, credit review and audit requirements
• Apply all aspects of the desired consumer outcomes of Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF)
• Lead, coach and develop team members to ensure competence and help them achieve their objectives and potential. Identify and prioritise training needs to meet business requirements.
• Take responsibility for own learning and development and demonstrate commitment to continuous professional development
• Oversee and act as a referral point for queries, dealing with all enquiries effectively, accurately, and professionally, to deliver excellent customer service
• All other associated duties and responsibilities and carry out any tasks as required by the management team
To be successful for this opportunity you will have proven experience of managing, coaching/mentoring and developing staff, ideally within a process and regulatory driven environment. Experience within a mortgage related or other financial services industry would be desirable but not essential.
We can offer financial support towards the CeMAP qualification if you would like to study further. We can offer a hybrid part home/part office working arrangement once trained.