Teaching Personnel are currently looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Primary Teaching Assistant to join a School in Leeds, LS9. The school is a 3 form entry primary school that caters for around 540 pupils aged 5-11. The School are looking for a Teaching Assistant to support a Key Stage 1 bubble in Year 2 for at least 1 term (until December 2022). This role may be extended depending on the government guidance around social distancing and school bubbles.
Working in the primary school as a support member of staff you will be required to work with pupils on a 1-1 basis, in small groups and to support the class teacher in whole class lessons. Your role with involve supervising pupils learning, preparing class resources and supporting the class teacher in lesson delivery, providing support and guidance to those who need it that day, assist in lessons with pupils learning but also provide emotional and pastoral support, therefore being able to demonstrate empathy, understanding and patience is essential.
- Level 2/3 or equivalent Teaching Assistant qualifications
- At least 12 months experience working with children and young people (ideally in a school based setting)
- Experience supporting children with additional needs is desirable
- Demonstrate a willingness to engage with pupils and support their learning
- Be part of a wider staff team who support one another and share best practice
- Hold a DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one
If you think this sounds like the new exciting role you have been looking for then please contact Rav at the Leeds Primary branch on the details below or, regsiter to Teaching Personnel online.