BHI is looking for a Nuclear Systems Engineer to perform moderately complex engineering design evaluations and analyses of technical products and services within given discipline/function. Partner with customer project team and suppliers to deliver equipment for nuclear material management. Knowledge of manufacturing and field operations preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform engineering analysis, identify problems, and propose operational solutions to tasks that are partially defined and moderately complex in nature, requiring knowledge and experience within given disciplines.
- Ensure proper controls in place and document supporting evaluations and analyses.
- Verify work of other engineers on assignments that range from basic to moderately complex in nature.
- Communicate nature and status of work performed to appropriate Westinghouse management as well as designated customer engineering personnel.
- Participate on project teams with internal and/or external representation. May lead teams on well-defined projects.
- Prepare technical description section for various proposals, including cost benefit studies.
- Propose and initiate test programs and evaluate results.
- Identify and communicate areas for product/service improvements to management personnel.
- Participate in customer and vendor meetings to present technical materials and justification of services and product designs.
- Provide technical guidance, training, and/or direction to other personnel.
- Apply engineering principles, techniques, and experience to resolve partially defined technical problems. Identify specific problem(s) and develop creative solutions that satisfy customer needs, industry codes & standards, government regulations and client's policies and procedures within scope, budget and schedule constraints. Completes routine assignments without significant close supervision or mentoring.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Practical and some fundamental knowledge of engineering application to robotic and automation systems, and techniques and applications in field of nuclear material management.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, related technical discipline, or equivalent.
- 2-6 plus years of applicable engineering experience is required. Academic study in applicable discipline may be used to satisfy some experience requirement.
- PE or equivalent license is desirable