Avenues is a community where people smile, laugh, grow and achieve great things, we know that well-supported people support people well, which makes them want to do their very best for the people we support, and achieve our vision.
If you are looking for your next social care role, or a change in career, long-term stability, career growth and a feel-good reward, then this is the role for you, and we would love to hear from you!
We welcome applications from everyone who wants to make a difference to people's lives, but especially from those with lived experience.
- Support Worker
- Tonbridge, Kent
- £21,010 per annum (pro rata)
- Full and part time hours available
We are looking for Support Workers to work with us in Tonbridge, supporting adults with Downs Syndrome and Autism to lead an active lifestyle. The service has good public transport links to the town centre and train station (approx. 15 minutes on a bus). There are many local groceries shops, chemist and post office, as well as park in very close proximity to the service.
No two days are the same but your day might look like this!
- Supporting our people to be engaged in all day to day living activities, including making full use of their community and beyond.
- Supporting our people with social activities, and connecting with family and friends.
- Supporting the management of our people's finances.
- Keeping our people's home clean and fresh, and going shopping.
- Providing, and encouraging, personal care.
- And enjoying what you do!
Experience in social care is not essential, we provide a full range of accredited and award winning training programmes at no cost to yourself, including the Health and Social Care Diploma that will really support your career progression.
Benefits you can expect!
- Early Pay - ability to access your earnings more frequently if you wish.
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- Flexible working.
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata).
- Access to high quality training that supports your career development.
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance.
- Shopping discounts via Blue Light Card and The Bene£its website.
- Recommend a friend - earn up to £500.
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to the health portal and employee assistance programme.
As part of our commitment to the "Disability Confident Scheme", candidates who declare a disability, and meet the key criteria for this role, will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview stage.