Job Description Summary
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as the No. 4 hospital in the nation, according to the U.S. and World News Report. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
As a Patient Care Nurse Assistant (PCNA), you will provide or assist with basic direct patient care activities under the supervision of an RN with skills specifically identified on applicable skills checklists for which training and competency have been established.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
By completing this application, you may be considered for a PCNA career opportunity at Cleveland Clinic's Independence. Once you submit a completed application, you will be added to a talent pool, and your application will be reviewed to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications for the PCNA career opportunity. At that time, you may be contacted to discuss your experience, shift, and schedule preferences so we can best identify the right opportunity for you.
Jobs may be available for the below schedules and shifts:
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to RN.
- These may include but are not limited to vital signs, weights, assisting patients with personal care and activities of daily living, patient transfers/transport, pulse oximetry, point of care testing, dressing changes, application of external monitoring devices, and removal of urinary Foley Catheter.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean & orderly.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- Competencies in both the professional, technical and clinical knowledge domains must be demonstrated in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Maintains personal growth and development through the ongoing process of formal and informal education.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Candidate must be actively enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing to apply and maintain employment as a CCSR PRN PCNA
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) preferred.
- Nursing students required to have Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) prior to hire.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Nursing students who have recently completed a minimum of one clinical rotation as part of an accredited nursing school program
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.