*InTulsa is partnering with NextGen Tax to find candidates for this exciting role in Tulsa*
**Location: Tulsa, OK. Options for hybrid or fully remote position for those already in Tulsa, OK or willing to relocate to Tulsa, OK**
Staff Accountant II - Tax
At NextGen, Small Business, is a BIG deal. It's passion. It's income. It's legacy.
Our team of CPAs, MBAs and attorneys are the best and brightest minds in business who work collectively with one goal: building our clients' empire. We exist to help create and educate the Next Generation of ultra-successful business owners by providing integrated and strategic tax, accounting, payroll and business law services.
Team NextGen consists of a diverse group of powerhouse women who are changing the face of public accounting. Our team of 18 grew from a solo practice to a full service operation that include 5 CPAs, 3 MBAs and 4 Masters in Accountancy rockstars. As we approach our 5 year anniversary of the practice, we are looking to grow our team and develop a regional presence! We invite you to authentically showcase your rockstar expertise and skills as we journey to the next level. Join Team NextGen by surrounding yourself with brilliance!
At NextGen, we are a team first! You will work with a diverse group of talented tax accountants on complex income tax preparation, tax analysis and review and tax research.
The key responsibilities
As a Staff Accountant II, your role will play a vital role within the department. You will handle the tax preparation for Partnerships, S Corporations & C Corporations for small businesses. Therefore being knowledgeable and having an excellent understanding of tax codes and regulations is imperative. At NextGen we are all about client service and you are the primary contact for a set of clients. It's important that you establish a personal rapport with the clients. More than just a tax preparer, the goal in this position is to become a trusted advisor to each client. This takes relationship-building skills and a friendly, outgoing attitude.
Essential skills for brilliance
To qualify for the role you must have
- Initial Tax Analysis & Review for accuracy
- Assist in IRS Resolution Case Management
- Perform tax research to assist the Sr. accountant
- Ability to understand and apply tax laws and changes in the preparation process. Maintain multiple clients and coordinate with our internal team of bookkeepers Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of clients' status
- Correspond with clients to provide updates and request information
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; or 5+ years of equivalent and recent work experience
- Tax background required
- Excellent collection and analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex information Solid deductive reasoning skills
- Strong influential and persuasive skills and the ability to foster internal and external relationship
Nice to have
- 3-5 years of recent and relatable work experience; or a currently enrolled in graduate school, CPA eligible or an Enrolled Agent (EA)
What brilliance looks like
An exceptional professional who can capture our mission, embrace new challenges, possess a culture of excellence, exudes a positive attitude, has a love for learning and enjoys a team environment then you may be the next tax accounting rockstar to join our team! If this description suits you, then you may be the next tax accounting rockstar to join our team!
Why join Team NextGen
- Make history. Our startup is still fairly small, but we have big plans to disrupt the accounting and bookkeeping industry. This is a great opportunity to get in early at a startup that, we believe, is on its way to becoming an industry leader.
- Do work that matters. The projects you'll be working on will be critical to the success of the company and our clients.
- Hybrid work schedule with flexible hours. Following your first 30 days you can elect a 3x2 work schedule that includes 3 days onsite and 2 days working remotely. Or, you may elect a 4x10 schedule that includes 4 10-hour days weekly.
- Grow with the firm. As our firm continues to grow, there will be many opportunities to take on new responsibilities and grow professionally.
- Work that stays fresh. You'll have a diverse portfolio of 150+ clients (depending on their size) in a broad range of industries, all with different goals and filetypes. There will always be tons of opportunities to learn new things. Plus, given the pace of growth at our firm, we can pretty much guarantee that you'll never be bored.
The Brilliance we offer
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid schedule
- Paid time off
- Company paid vacations
- Additional company paid time off
- Simple IRA
- Professional Development
- Team Building Activities