Work at OMRON!
Omron is a leading global manufacturer of industrial automation products focused on sensing and control technologies. Omron Automation has locations in Renton, WA, Chatsworth, CA, and Amherst, NH where we design and manufacture technologically-complex electronics that are used in industrial automation applications by manufacturers across the globe.
At Omron Automation, our culture is one where you have the empowerment to drive results through collaboration while working hands-on with cutting-edge products. Our company has a strong track record of innovation, and a record of accomplishment of developing successful products for the global market.
Omron Automation is a subsidiary of Omron Corporation, an $8 billion global technology company celebrating more than 80 years of success. Join us in our mission to Improve Lives and Contribute to a Better Society.
As a key contributor to OMRON America's manufacturing operations, the Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineer (AKA Sr. MFG Electronic Engineer) is responsible for the development, validation, implementation, and maintenance of the manufacturing control, test and automation systems used in the manufacturing of our highly complex electromechanical products and their embedded systems. This person will interface with Engineering in coordinating the release of new products, participating in design reviews to define requirements for manufacturability and adaptability to advancements in manufacturing technology focusing on manufacturing innovation through automated, integrated, intelligent technology. Additionally, they will be required to perform analysis and testing on products and their embedded systems to evaluate and validate designs or design changes as they relate to manufacturing test and inspection.
Our Commitment to Employees:
- Training and Career Development Program to give employees a learning path with the necessary tools and resources they need to help build their career at Omron.
- Great financial opportunities with competitive compensation, immediate 401k match with 100% vesting, profit sharing, and Blue Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits.
- Community Awareness that includes activities with local non-profit organizations and a Matching Gift Program.
- Work-Life Balance with Flexible Work Arrangements, Flexible Work Hours, and Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay.
- Wellness Activities such as Walking Contests, Nutritional Learning Sessions, On Site Flu shots and Health Screenings.
- Design and implement manufacturing control, test and automation systems
- Design and develop automation software that will be used in product testing and quality inspections
- Confer with engineering and technical personnel to resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data, and data interpretation
- Perform electronic engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of test equipment and testing applications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering / EET or their technical equivalent
- Experience with control systems including Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and embedded systems
- At least 7 years of experience developing test applications and test fixtures used in the assembly and test of electronics
- Documented experience with C++, C#, and Visual Basic, as well as basic SQL/Database scripting skills
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Omron we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Omron is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.