Victor Insurance Managers Inc. (), a subsidiary of Marsh, is the world's oldest and largest underwriting manager of specialty insurance, professional liability, and risk management programs. Our expertise lies in evaluating risks, implementing program marketing, developing, and executing risk management activities, and servicing accounts on behalf of our insurance company partners. We then distribute these products through our distribution network of licensed brokers.
We are looking for a team player to join a high performing team. Someone who understands financial analysis, is self-motivated, who enjoys both analytical and interpersonal activities mixed throughout their day will enjoy this role.
The Builders Risk department is currently operating a fast-growing National Builders Risk program that includes Residential New Construction, Residential Renovations, Commercial new construction, and Commercial renovations. This position will be largely focused on our new product offering Contractors Equipment.
The ideal candidate likes challenges, opportunities to develop innovative approaches to satisfy clients' needs and keeps pace with the rest of the team.
Victor Insurance is looking for a Senior Underwriter - (Contractors Equipment) - Inland Marine
to join their team. The role can be based in Jacksonville, Atlanta, North Caroline, South Carolina, or Chicago. What can you expect?
What's in it for you?
- Consults with clients on insurance risk and offers solutions that best fit their situation and circumstances.
- Reviews and analyzes major submissions without assistance, and identifies new business opportunities to generate new accounts while maintaining a book of existing business.
- Conducts quality assurance of the insurance risk calculations from junior underwriting staff.
- Completes policy issuance and handles account transactions by negotiating and obtaining mutual agreement from clients, and binds coverage and initiates issuance of documents.
- Identifies and obtains additional information required for proper analysis of risk including cross-referencing with other departments.
- Declines quotes by identifying loss predictions, and forwarding recommendations.
- Reviews and analyzes new submissions for context and requirements in adherence to state laws and regulations for ratings and quotations.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with carriers and brokers to negotiate terms and conditions and to expand business with the client account.
We will count on you to:
- A company with a strong brand, with experience developingsolutionsfortoday's and tomorrow's toughest challenges
- A culture of internal mobility, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance.
- Competitive pay and a full benefits package, starting Day 1 (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase program, and a generous paid time-off allowance); plus a fixed company contribution AND a company match on your 401k, after one year of service.
What you need to have:
- Drive new business within the Contractors Equipment expansion in order to achieve budgeted goals.
- Work with our Underwriting assistants and outsourced team in support of account evaluation and rating.
- Position accounts to our carrier and brokers to in order to achieve retention, rate and profit objectives.
- Evaluate client's exposure to loss based on our established program eligibility.
- Communicate risks eligibility, discuss recommendations, or required information to support an applicant.
- Determine appropriate pricing, terms & conditions to insure long term profitability.
- Negotiation final terms and position the Victor value proposition with our brokers.
- Engage in the issuance of terms through our proprietary underwriting platform.
- Prepare information on your assigned portfolio to the team's manager in order to support the continued improvement and growth of the program.
- Actively engage with the team in support of the continued development and improvement of our underwriting system.
What makes you stand out?
- BS/BA Degree Preferred.
- 5+ years of Inland Marine Underwriting focused on Contractors Equipment.
- Strong analytical aptitude and critical thinking as demonstrated through work assignments.
- P&C license mandatory, or ability to obtain.
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, & PAS/Underwriting systems.
- The team dynamic is critical and we're looking for someone who wants to operate in a collaborative environment while owning personal accountability to deliver work precisely and on-time.
- Ability to build strong relationships and build rapport with internal colleagues, brokers and carriers.
- Ability to educate and influence beyond primary scope.
- Detail orientation and a desire to learn.
- Resourcefulness with the ability to bring solutions and ideas to the firm.
- Being a part of a collaborative team to make an immediate impact while handling multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on ; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole