At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) protects the Wells Fargo brand, shareholder value, and the communities we serve by ensuring all real estate valuations are reliable. We do this by setting industry leading policies, guidelines, and practices for real estate valuations that are risk-based and analytics supported.
As the largest mortgage originator and servicer in the country, understanding the value of real estate is critical. Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS)
serves as an independent risk management function within the Chief Operating Office that:
- Interprets appraisal regulation and sets Corporate Valuation Policy
- Communicates with regulatorson pending and proposed regulations
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that compliant valuation processes and practices are in place for all valuations across Wells Fargo
- Leads the industry in real estate valuation processes and execution
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Valuations Specialist. As an experienced Real Estate Appraiser, the candidate will be expected to be an expert at completing challenging valuation assignments of all types of residential properties and vacant land at any transaction amount. The candidate must be able to solve most complex valuation problems independently. This candidate is expected to meet production goals and provide the highest level of service and quality standards.This position is 100% remote, but the Appraiser should reside in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Perform all aspects of complex and non-complex valuation assignments. Assignments consist of residential (1-4 unit properties and vacant land) appraisal and appraisal review assignments which may include full inspection walk-throughs and exterior drive-by assignments in a large geographic territory as well as desk assignments.
- Ensure valuation assignments are completed in a timely manner with the highest level of quality and comply with Federal and State laws, corporate policies and procedures as well as the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
- Exercise sound judgment, work independently with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Demonstrate advanced use of various appraisal related technologies throughout the appraisal process.
- Interact with integrity and a professional manner with external customers during appointment setting and in person inspections of real estate.
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners to provide solutions for complex issues.
- 4+ years of Valuations, Lending, Underwriting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Certified General or Certified Residential Appraiser.
- Expanded knowledge and understanding of the principles of real estate appraisal and local real estate markets.
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment.
- Advanced technical skills with appraisal related tools including computer technology, appraisal software, automated valuation tools and Multiple Listing Services.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) skills.
- Financial services and/or bank experience.
- Experience in mentoring trainee appraisers and completion of the AQB supervisor course.
We Value Diversity
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle, have access to reliable transportation and a valid, state issued drivers license.
- Ability to cover a large geographic territory.
- Ability to work remote including reliable internet service.
- Perform work both indoors and outdoors.
- Must have use of two hands or functional equivalent.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs.
- Ability to walk up and down sloped terrain and to bend.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business units risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.