Senior Mechanical Design Engineer required for a building services company based in Temple, London. This will involve working closely with signature architects and designing innovative and sustainable engineering solutions across a range of sectors, in particular commercial office, high end residential and student accommodation. Using industry benchmarks, internal standards and a range of cutting edge engineering software and analysis tools, they will ensure the design and delivery of accurate project information are achieved within agreed budgets and timeframes. They will also be required to act as a point of contact between external and internal design teams, clients and stakeholders. To this end, a minimum of 8 years' experience is required and project management experience is advantageous.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Position Overview
Represent the company in a professional and diligent manner at all times.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, design team, authorities, utilities and associated organisations.
- Attend all meetings with clients, project teams, contractors etc.
- Undertake and deliver high quality detailed engineering design for building services including calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents required.
- Review and management of project from inception to post construction duties.
- Good knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practice.
- Seek, complete and record evidence of, continuing professional development (CPD) in accordance with the requirements of the relevant professional institution.
- Have thorough knowledge of and compliance with MTT procedures and standards.
- Contribute and assist, as required by the Project Manager or Director on other project commitments.
- Ensure that all work is audited by a colleague.
- Be active, innovative and apply a hands-on approach to project design whilst being responsible for quality, client service and project delivery on time.
- Enhance the feeling of "one team" within the office by encouraging an open, learning environment.
- Provide technical expertise through design reviews and act as a source of information for others.
- Seek to build capability and enhance company's reputation / profile within the industry.
- Endeavour to develop other members of staff to ensure the Companies quality 'goals' are achieved.
- Contribute to the long-term success of the company
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Position Requirements
Design Engineering experience within a similar industry commercial / residential / building services
Experience with AutoCAD, TAS for thermal modelling and we have in house spreadsheets for general calculations. This is not essential and other software's can be transferred.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary dependent on experience
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.