Brilliant are currently recruiting for a Residential Care Home based in Derby. WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Primarily the role of Senior Care Assistant is one of supervision of the Team on duty and working alongside them to ensure that the tasks for that shift are completed in an efficient manner and to care for all residents needs during the shift to our high standards
Oversee the observation and monitoring of resident's physical and emotional well-being. Make sure care staff are entering accurate records onto our electronic system using voice recognition, and promptly report any changes to management and other senior staff.
In the absence of the General Manager/Deputy Manager, act as the Duty Manager ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to whilst complying with legislations. Also following direction from the Board of Directors.
Complete other responsibilities as listed on the job description, such as overseeing support plans, assessing residents etc. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Previous Care Experience is essential
- Passion and enthusiasm for caring
- Can work well within a team but also on a solo basis
- Leadership skills would be an advantage
- Follow Company policies and procedures
- Literary and computer skills for maintaining Care Records
- In date training is desirable, although training will be given
- Hold a Health and Social Care Diploma or NVQ Level 2 and be willing to work towards Level 3.
- Ability to work on a rota basis
- Flexibility to cover shifts and work weekends.
- Ability to be on call
- Due to our location, having your own transport would be highly advantageous although buses do pass the home, these do not run late into the evening and are limited on Sundays and bank holidays.
- Clean background check.