Senior Buyer Upto £39k + Bonus North East Lincs Flexible & Hybrid working Your new roleHays Procurement are working exclusively on a new and exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer, based in North East Lincolnshire for a global manufacturing business. The purpose of the Senior Buyer will be to deliver the operational purchasing (P2P) for the site for their indirect procurement requirements. Main Duties include;
- Undertake the operational purchasing activities (tendering, PO creation, invoice query resolution, master data and follow-up on the purchases with the sites and suppliers - managing quality, time, cost issues etc.
- Inform and support the Procurement Manager for the country / region in delivering value and managing supply risk in line with the group procurement objectives.
- Adopt and promote the preferred suppliers. Negotiate and manage the supply base in the relevant region where directed by the Procurement Manager.
- Delivering best value purchasing: cost savings, quality, flexibility, supplier relationships
- Be the single point of contact for the site teams for all their indirect (non raw material / logistics) requirements and supplier queries
- Liaising cross-functionally with the site teams and AP teams, for example operations, finance, QSHE,
- Be an integral part of the wider Procurement team in the UK and across global sites.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced within a Purchasing/Procurement roles previously is essential.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills - internal customer focussed
- Commercial acumen
- Transactional purchasing AP experience advantage
- Strong personality who can engage with challenging internal stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills, with SAP experience desirable but not essential.
What you'll get in return
- Salary up to £39,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- Subsidised Private Health Insurance
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance
- Company social events throughout the year
- Free parking on site
- Flexible working options available.
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.