Being a Nurse isn't easy. But you know why you stay the course. The work that you do makes a true difference in your patients' lives.
Southwood Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is looking for a dedicated RN or LPN Wound/Treatment Nurse like YOU who chose this career because you CARE!
WHAT WE OFFER
Beyond our competitive wages and Paid Time Off, we offer all full-time employees a variety of benefit options including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Employer Match with Flexible Spending Accounts
CATCH THE SPIRIT!
When you join the CommuniCare family, you'll quickly catch the team spirit. Coworkers and residents become family, the workplace becomes a home, and a touch of spontaneity and fun keeps everyone smiling. Our core values promote an environment of respect, courtesy, and professional excellence where you can dedicate yourself to a career you love.
Do you have what it takes to be an RN Wound/Treatment Nurse with CommuniCare?
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a current license as a RN or LPN in the state where the center is located. Wound Certification preferred.
- Current CPR certification required, ACLS preferred.
- Prior work/life experiences, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Prior experience in treatment nursing care is desirable.
- Prior supervisory experience, preferably in a long-term care center.
- Perform all treatments, dressing changes, ointments, sprays, lotions, etc. on all residents following center policy and procedures as it pertains to resident privacy, infection control, and physician's orders.
- Perform routine monthly replacements of gastric tubes and Foley catheters as assigned.
- Perform trach care and suctioning.
- Recommend treatment at least 1 time weekly in the nurse notes, skin grids, pressure sore reports, or other required documents.
- Recommend treatment procedures or products to attending physicians.
- Re-order treatment supplies from pharmacy or central supply as needed.
THE COMMUNICARE COMMITMENT
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation's largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.