Here at Cherry Bekaert LLP, we are curious explorers, a collective ofleaders, and innovativeguidesto ourteams,clients, andcommunities. If you are ready to find your space and create your future, you belong with us. We are a full service public accounting and consulting firm with offerings in offices throughout the Southeast and into the Southwest. With growing industry expertise, a strong support system, and our team s shared values, we encourage you to choose the path that best suits you because at Cherry Bekaert, your career is about you. Join the firm that recognizes the power of the individual.
We believe in and promote an environment where our people are excited and engaged to contribute their best. Cherry Bekaert strives to exhibit a culture of inclusiveness and diversity in our offices by involving all of our people and their unique, individual perspectives in our business. We want all of our employees to feel a sense of belonging by welcoming and appreciating the uniqueness that each individual brings to the firm.
The Risk Advisory Services (RAS)
team at Cherry Bekaert is growing and we are looking for talented individuals to be a part of it. Apply to join our team as a Staff Associate
in the Raleigh, NC, Nashville, TN, Charlotte, NC, Tysons Corner, VA or Tampa, FL
offices. As a member of the RAS team, you will help clients protect and enhance the value of their businesses by leveraging their system of internal controls to enable growth, manage risk, and define sustainable operations.What your day(s) looks like:
As a Staff Associate, you will support the performance of risk consulting and accounting consulting engagements. This includes contributing to the resolution of issues for your clients in the areas of risk management, internal controls, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), internal audit business process improvement, information technology risks, and risk analytics. Other day to day tasks may include:
What we are looking for in this role:
- Supporting client engagements from start to finish, including adequate planning, field work, and engagement wrap up
- Maintaining a commitment to client service by understanding the client s business needs and developing positive relationships with client personnel in order to accomplish engagement objectives
- Providing recommendations regarding client compliance and accounting risks
- Continued learning to expand and sharpen technical expertise and develop leadership skills
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, or CIS with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above preferred
- Foundational understanding of accounting standards (US GAAP)
- Curiosity about business operations and the impact of accounting and information systems on key classes of business transactions
- Interest in internal accounting controls, professional standards and regulations, and information systems
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments successfully
- Willing to pursue relevant professional designations (ex. CPA, CIA)
- Travel required (approx. 25% pending prevailing public health guidelines)
The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as needed and/or required.Other Requirements:
What you can expect at Cherry Bekaert:
- Candidates must demonstrate they are eligible to work in the United States.
- Available for Work Sponsorship: No
At Cherry Bekaert, you will have the opportunity to gain experience working on both large and small clients in several different industries. We offer valuable work experience while also providing opportunities for professional development on a large scale but with small scale interaction.
In addition to the above, Cherry Bekaert also offers the following:
- Collaborative environment focused on career advancement and professional development
- Competitive compensation, flexible work arrangements, 20 days of PTO, 9 paid holidays and up to 12-weeks of Paid Care Leave
- Extensive trainingopportunities including annual conferences, mentorship, CPE courses, and specialized technical training
- Direct payment to Becker or reimbursement for review materials and bonus for passing the CPA exam within the first year. Reimbursement for review materials, exam fees, and bonus for passing approved non-CPA certifications, which may include but not limited to the CFA, CIA, CISA, and CISSP.
- "Dress for your Day" policy
Our mission is to make a difference for our people and for our clients. If these values align with yours, we d like to hear from you. Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we can only respond if we are moving forward with your resume.
Our Benefits Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. We offer a competitive compensation package where you ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.No Agencies Please