Join Cleveland Clinic's Medina Hospital, a 148-registered bed acute care facility where they have introduced and implemented advanced clinical treatments, and therapies and given patients faster access to Cleveland Clinic's expertise and specialties in the area for the past 75 years. At Cleveland Clinic Medina Hospital, we provide patients with the latest technology and full spectrum in Orthopaedic care and Surgery with excellent outcomes. Paired with our Emergency Department, we can treat minor issues such as critical injuries and illnesses to patients, giving access to Cleveland Clinic's world-class care whenever you need it.
As a Registered Radiology Technologist, you will perform radiology exams and procedures on patients of all ages. Your primary duties will include:
- Performing general radiology, portable, and fluoroscopic procedures.
- Assisting with scheduling patient procedures.
- Educating patients regarding the procedures, equipment, and examination to ensure comfort and understanding.
- Document and notify management of any malfunctions of equipment.
The Ideal Candidate is someone who:
- Currently is a Registered Technologist by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT).
- Currently has a Basic Life Support certificate.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Has knowledge of human anatomy.
- Functions well under minimal supervision and in stressful situations.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand in hand.
- Performs general radiology, portable, and fluoroscopic procedures (GIs, GUs, pediatrics, arthrograms, spine center).
- Produces images of optimal quality for interpretation with accuracy and without delay.
- Maintains documentation requirements to ensure that all technical data is entered timely and accurately.
- Notifies management and takes proper action to address equipment malfunctions.
- Educates patients regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure understanding and cooperation.
- Ensures patients' comfort and safety during and after the exam.
- Assists with scheduling patient procedures.
- Monitors and determines priority of patients.
- Demonstrates care and operation of Radiology equipment according to technical specifications and applications.
- Assists Radiologist with fluoroscopic, GU, GI, and pediatric procedures.
- Acquires, archives, transmits, and prints images via PACS.
- Capable of after hours transmission of images and appropriate paperwork.
- Reports immediately any malfunctions to help desk and PACS Administrator.
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Provides instruction and mentoring to new hires and Radiology students.
- Continually strives to learn new technical information and skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and participation in professional affiliation sessions.
- Potentially rotates through all diagnostic imaging modalities, sites and/or locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good standing.
- Current state licensure required prior to employment.
- (BLS) certification required.
Complexity of Work:
- Knowledge of anatomy and related pathologic processes.
- Ability to communicate well with Radiologists and physicians to coordinate proper imaging of patients.
- Strong communication skills are essential to provide excellent care to patients and families.
- Ability to function well with minimal or no direct supervision.
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic Technologist preferred.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying weight and manipulate equipment daily.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.