GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for assisting in clinical duties and maintaining order for Provider
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments as prescribed by physician. Observes, records and reports patients condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Educates patient and family about diagnostic procedures and medications. Teaches patient how to do some of his own care.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examinations. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Maintain and review patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and exam results.
- Responds to and refers incoming patient and physician phone calls.
- Responsible for all surgery orders to include History and Physical, prescriptions and Lab orders.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality policies.
- Supervises specified personnel, which includes Medical Assistants, Receptionists, Scheduler and reports to Assistant Administrator.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The formal education equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, and 1 to 6 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of professional nursing theories, concepts, and methods.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
License in Practical Nursing or Registered Nurse license
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Experience with EMR/HER. One (1) year in Medical office preferred. Urology experience a plus.