We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join a well-established, family-run SME based in Hatfield. As a Project Manager you will take responsibility for all aspects of managing refurbishment projects once handed over from the Sales team, including procurement, labour allocation, managing works on site, an element of finance control and liaising with the customer. You will run multiple small projects at any one time.
Key duties and responsibilities....
- Following successful project award by Sales rep, take and understand project information from them in a handover. Understand the costing template and cost allocations against each trade.
- Visit site with Salesmen to meet customer, take final dimension measurements and agree site set up information with customer.
- Arrange for drawings to be updated/created for cubicle manufacture and site use using our external CAD resources.
- Write up project programme, allocate subcontract labour to meet the programme (will involve sourcing new subcontractors at times) and ensure subcontractors are clear on project scope, agreeing costs where required.
- Procure all materials including long lead in materials (cubicles etc) in suitable time before project start.
- Liaise with project admin person and customer prior to project start.
- Start subcontractors on site as required and manage quality control and cost control through the project, ensuring customer is kept informed and up to date at all times. Our emphasis on customer satisfaction is strong and management of customer relations is very important to us to ensure repeat business.
- Manage any challenges on site and reorganize labour resources if necessary to ensure programme completion date is not compromised.
- Snag project and oversee successful hand over to client.
- Sign off subcontractor invoices and submit project finance analysis which will be reviewed by management to ensure costs were kept within budget.
- Good knowledge of the detail of building projects, and ability/willingness to learn about washroom projects.
- Good knowledge of how practical tasks are done on site, and ideally some hands on practical knowledge.
- Ability to cope and take responsibility for actions in stressful situations
- Strong team player
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Salary- £50,000- £60,000 basic
- Company vehicle provided
- Work fuel paid for
- Hours: 06:30 - 16:30, Monday - Friday