Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants, Inc. (BakerRisk), a technology leader in assessing the consequences and risks associated with potentially catastrophic events including explosions, fires and toxic material releases. BakerRisk uses the most advanced methodologies and tools to predict potential consequences, providing services to industrial companies and government organizations around the world.
BakerRisk is currently seeking senior level engineers to assist with safety and environmental compliance, risk engineering, PHMSA, RMP, and PSM programs.
The candidate would be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with clients in the U.S. and abroad, overseeing small process safety project teams focused on hazard identification, consequence analysis, risk analysis, risk management, and auditing.
The candidate would also be responsible for developing and performing pipeline and transportation safety studies. The candidate would leverage her or his practical experience to provide process safety, pipeline, and transportation safety risk management guidance to worldwide clients.
Qualified candidates should meet or exceed the following requirements:
- B.Sc. in relevant Engineering field
- 5-10 years of experience in process safety / pipeline safety / transportation safety
- Expertise in pipeline safety studies including high consequence area (HCA) analyses, emergency flow restricting device (EFRD) evaluations, and risk assessments.
- Demonstrated capability to manage engineering, risk, process safety, or similar consulting projects, and to utilize that information for practical recommendation on course of action.
- Comfortable developing long-term client relationships and executing consulting projects within the United States and overseas.
- Good understanding of industry safety needs, trends and economic landscape.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, listening, technical writing, public speaking, etc.).
- Expertise with PSM good practices and standards
- Knowledge of PHMSA and requirements to be compliant
- Ability to work autonomously, show initiative, be willing to learn a variety of software packages, and have flexibility to travel and work outside normal office hours.
- Experience applying risk management tools and techniques, including facility siting studies (FSS) and quantitative risk analysis (QRA). Note that BakerRisk has a comprehensive suite of in-house software tools and suitable candidates would be trained to use such tools in their service areas.
- Experience in transportation risk assessments for hazardous materials by rail, truck, and ship
- Experience developing and auditing Pipeline Safety Management System (PSMS) programs and integrity management plans (IMP) in accordance with API RP 1173 and 49 CFR Part 195.
- Foundation in sales, marketing and business development techniques.
- Experience facilitating Process Hazard Analyses, Layers of Protection Analyses, or similar risk reviews
- Participated in process safety management auditing or safety code gap analysis.
- Knowledge of fire prevention codes, accident investigation and related services is considered a plus.
BakerRisk offers a competitive salary and benefit package including holiday, vacation and sick leave pay, medical/dental insurance, matching retirement savings plan, and potential for a significant year-end bonus.
Additional Information: For additional information, please see our website at
BakerRisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of their race, color, religion, age, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other protected status. BakerRisk and its affiliated companies are drug-free workplaces.