ROLE: Process Engineer
LOCATION: B19 - Bham
SALARY: upto £35,000
HOURS: 730am - 415pm / 1230pm finish on Friday
Accountable for: Project and process engineering including CI activities.
We are a Queens Award winning engineering and manufacturing business that has been established in Birmingham for 160 years. Specialising in the design, build and manufacture of high precision tooling and components, the company supplies its solutions to customers in multiple sectors including Telecommunications, Plumbing, Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, Pharmaceutical and Renewables. Having navigated the pandemic with a major focus on R&D and exciting emerging market opportunities, the company has entered a rapid growth phase. Scale up to meet newly secured demand is underway. We offer an exciting, dynamic flexible working environment as we look to deliver our vision: Break £10m turnover to achieve >£1.7M EBITDA.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- We are looking for an accountable Project / Process Engineer to be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that projects involve. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
- Responsible for coordinating all project elements including engineering design, quality planning, manufacturing, installation.
- Play a key role in the commissioning and final buy-off phases as well as ensuring the project remains within budget to meet the requirements of the customer's needs.
- Work on many phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects of moderate complexity, with results impacting on project completion.
- The candidate must have a can-do attitude and a flexible approach to working across multiple departments as and when required.
- Must also be able to work independently with minimal supervision and can manage their own workload.
- Solving root cause of problems and developing innovative technical solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and process expertise to continuously improve safety, quality, yield and throughput of the manufacturing equipment and processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND APPLICATION:
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of progression stamping tools, and special purpose equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Competent in MS office
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques.
- Proven mechanical & process engineering experience, including metal forming & tooling manufacture.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to read technical drawings and have a good understanding of tolerances.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.