Job Posting End Date: September 29
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and were excited about whats next. Join us. General Summary:
Unum's Enterprise Security Organization is looking for a Principal Security Engineer to join their team. Individuals in this role are responsible for leading the creation of an information security depth in defense framework that defines the technology, policies, procedures, and processes needed to address the threat & vulnerability, cyber security, and application security needs of Unum and its partners. The information security depth in defense framework will provide security services to the information technology architecture and integrate with each business architecture. This framework provides security for the operation of applications, computing platforms, operating systems, and networks, both voice and data, to ensure the integrity of information assets.
They contribute to the enterprise and infrastructure architecture planning and will work closely with decision makers throughout the organization, including those at a high level, to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective information security solutions. They area team leader and sought out to address the most complex business and technical security problems and work assigned requires minimal direction. They play a critical role in leading security teams, mentoring other security employees of all levels, and helping to grow future talent within the organization. Job Specifications
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science or related discipline.
- GIAC, CISSP, or other cyber security certifications are required.
- Has 8+ years of information technology engineering, support or consulting experience. It is preferred if four of those years were spent in Security Operations, Threat & Vulnerability, Networking/Firewall or Infrastructure related positions.
- Establish security strategies to address new technologies being deployed with a sense of urgency.
- Translate operational requirements into cyber security technical and non-technical requirements.
- Function independently while holding themselves to the highest levels of personal and professional integrity.
- Work effectively in an ambiguous environment across geographic locations.
- Expert with Zero Trust Architectures and best practices.
- Expert implementing and maintaining security technologies including: Email Security, DLP, AV EDR, SOAR, Vulnerability Management, Cloud Security, UBA, Threat Intel, Next-gen Firewall, IDS/IPS, MDR, Zero Trust, Splunk SIEM.
- Proven experience overseeing multiple security projects and providing guidance to other senior engineers.
- Expert in creating and implementing defense in depth architectures for various Operating Systems including Windows, Linux, MacOS, and iOS.
- Demonstrates advanced analytical, problem-solving, and has advanced leadership and mentoring skills.
Other preferred qualifications :
- Has deep technical knowledge of information technology methodologies.
- Recommends and directs the implementation of advanced defense security strategies and solutions as they relate to cyber security and threat and vulnerability management.
- Recommends and is Responsible for implementing new and enhancing existing security technologies and solutions that support the organization's global security strategy with minimal negative impact and excellent user experience.
- Reviewing security technology stack and identifying areas that can be improved to further deliver value.
- Partners with architects to proactively evaluate cyber security vendor product strategies and future product statements and advises which will be most appropriate to pursue.
- Exercises leadership behaviors in situations that are moderate in terms of complexity, ambiguity, and dependencies. Functions as a subject matter expert in technical or business disciplines.
- Expert with Azure, Microsoft Office 365 and AWS.
- Knowledgeable with Regulations, including, GLPA, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, and other Cyber Security Regulatory compliance requirements and related programs.
- CISSP, CCIE, CISM, SANS, ISO 27001/27002 the NIST Cyber Security Framework, and other security related certifications.
- Has expert knowledge of threats and vulnerabilities associated with application and network security.
- Expert detecting and analyzing hostile actions and providing incident response support.
- Zero Trust, Next-gen Firewall, and networking certifications.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.