Our Night Team Leaders are key players in managing the Overnight Team. These departments can include Center Store, Prepared Foods, Produce, Bakery and Meat. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service, you'll be the one we look to stay on top of department records, processes, standards and methods.
Leaders are accountable for the operating performance of the department at all times. Be a Leader by representing the organization in a professional manner. Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. Coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback - identify opportunities for development and coach for success.
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other similar role; Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Varies by department
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: None
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members' productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best asset!
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work: for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Inspire the team and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best food forward!
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.