1. Provides accurate and competitive cost estimates on projects in a timely manner.
2. Routes jobs with realistic time the job should take to be completed in a clear and concise manner.
3. Reads blueprints and analyzes all other applicable documents (job scopes, inquiries, etc.) to prepare estimates.
4. Assists the shop by providing detailed instruction and specifications, including producing sketches and drawings, to ensure jobs are completed accurately and efficiently.
5. Performs metric conversions on all drawings prior to release to the shop.
6. Works with customers to establish long-term relationships and repeat business.
7. In conjunction with sales, communicates and obtains accurate information from customers about jobs.
8. Provides cost estimates which include labor and material for quotes requested from sales and customers.
9. Purchases material and stock when routing jobs and solicits best price and delivery options from vendors.
10. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with vendors.
11. Works with sales to develop competitive pricing.
12. Recommends cost reduction options and creates new and better ways to perform repeat jobs.
Requirements and Qualifications:
1. Detail oriented, sales driven, and trustworthy.
2. Motivated, self-starter with a sense of ownership of his or her own work.
3. Ability to work within tight time constraints.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
5. Ability to understand technical drawings and requirements.
6. Strong critical thinking, analytical, and math skills.
7. Ability to measure using calipers, micrometers, and indicators.
8. Two (2) or more years of previous job shop experience.
9. Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
10. Previous experience working with rotating equipment preferred.