To provide diagnostic Mammography services to include clerical duties as required. To perform all duties in a manner which promotes team concepts and reflects the KPNW mission and philosophy.
- Performing diagnostic procedures, using knowledge, skills and abilities required for age of patient served, to include: Routine, biopsy/special procedure examinations in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Image acquisition and processing. Assist patient/transport.
- File work. Reception/computer. Quality control functions and troubleshoot equipment. Physician/staff communication. Restocking supplies/cleaning. Participates in on-call or standby schedule as required. (These percentages are representative for this position in the REGION. Specific percentages may change depending on work location). Other duties (as assigned).
- Associates degree in Radiologic Science or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Radiologic Technologist (Washington) required at hire
- Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist License (Oregon) required at hire
- Basic Life Support within 1 months of hire
- Radiologic Technologist Certification required at hire from American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate - Mammography Technologist required at hire from American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Completion of formal RT training program and minimum one (1) year prior Mammography Tech work experience. Mammography Tech experience must be no more than three (3) years prior to the date of application for position.
- Proof of continuing education.
- Mandatory Infection Control education and training will occur on an annual basis. Knowledge and skills in Infection Control shall be evaluated annually on an oral or written basis per KPNW policy and/or requirements.
- Minimum one (1) year prior Mammography Tech work experience, preferably within the last three (3) years.
- Organizational skills, time management, prioritization, planning; attention to detail; problem solving, decision making, judgment; technical skills; initiative; communication, interpersonal skills, customer relations, organizational relations.
Position eligible for annual floating bonus per contract language!
This position will primarily cover the Portland east service area with occasional travel to other service areas. Job Schedule: Job Category:
Imaging & Radiology