Vacancy: Maintenance Shift Technician x 2 - Assembly
Hours / Shift: Assembly 6-2 and 2-10 double days
Reporting to: Maintenance Group Leader
Main purpose and scope of job:
To provide maintenance and technical support to assembly operations in order to achieve departmental goals and business plan targets. Carry out maintenance duties and responsibilities on your shift and controlling and ensuring plant parameters and set points.
Safety, Environmental Responsibilities:
- Adhere to health and safety aspects within the assembly maintenance team.
- Comply with Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Ensure compliance with IATF 16949.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental & Health & Safety standards in line with current certification.
- Participate in accident investigation activities, ensure near miss reporting.
- Participate with the Lock out Tag out Procedure (where applicable).
- Comply with the Safe System of Work documents.
- Ensure all contractors are signed in with the correct work permits.
- Participate in 5S processes and procedures with your area of responsibility.
- To ensure all team members wear appropriate PPE.
- Take appropriate actions in emergency situations.
- Ensure fast response and smooth operation of plant equipment to enable quality results.
- Participate in 8D's, problem solving and risk management.
- Adhere to standardised working procedures.
- Carry out process control and plant audits and escalate as required.
- Use and suggest improvements for the maintenance system / equipment to improve maintenance performance.
- Support performance through work requests.
- Participate in A3 problem solving techniques.
- Use secure spares inventory and replenishment system in a methodical and organised manner. Ensuring all services and goods are received and booked in correctly.
- Support installation projects for new technology and equipment.
- Use the escalation procedure for any issues/concerns e.g. Quality/downtime.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects to improve departmental performance on safety, uptime, availability, maintenance, equipment modifications, plant, error proofing, technical systems and processes and cost down opportunities.
- Participate within the companies CIP scheme.
- Reduce waste within the maintenance processes.
- Reduce energy consumptions through initiatives and controls (ensuring weekend hours are minimised for energy consumption).
- Comply with the principals of the company's employee charter
- Participate in training and development programmes and share knowledge with the wider teams.
- Identify areas of development and training requirements.
- Participate in the company's suggestion scheme.
- Promote the open-door policy.
- Support the Fairness Committee initiatives.
- Ensure good team working principals are being adhered by all team members.
- Behaves in a professional manner
- Good communicator
- Open and honest
- Organised and methodical
- Continuous improvement and safety mind-set
- Personable and approachable
- Tenacious and results driven
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Time served apprenticeship mechanical / electrical.
- IOSH trained.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- MAFACT processes and principals (internal training)
- Candidates must be able to work using their own initiative, and be able to liaise with other functions and departments at all levels within the company.
- Preventative maintenance techniques and system controls (CMMS)
- Knowledge of CDM policies and practices