AL558: Maintenance Engineer (Electrical / PLC Programmer) Location: Hoddesdon, HertfordshireSalary: £35,000Overview:First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Maintenance Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. To support of all manufacturing functions on site. Supporting the Engineering Manager and Supervisor in implementing the plant wide planned and reactive maintenance program.Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.Duties and Responsibilities:
- First line repair and support of production machinery.
- Undertake planned maintenance as required and directed.
- Use of the Computerised Maintenance Management System for both reactive and planned work orders and to edit records and close work orders as necessary.
- Undertake repair and maintenance of the building fabric and services as required.
- Manage and undertake improvement projects as required.
- Support and participate in the LEAD program (continuous improvement) activities.
- Must be innovative with their ideas and be able to assess what is required to complete the task and at what time and cost to the company.
- Assist the Engineering Manager and Supervisor in controlling costs and spending within the department.
- Must be proactive in seeking out potential problems within the plant and will need to work closely with the Manufacturing Team to achieve this goal.
- Able to work on both the day and evening shift and any other hours that may be reasonably expected, with adequate notice in support of production.
- Maintain quality, safety and environmental standards and take any corrective actions as required.
- Programming automation and controls systems involving PLCs (programmable logic controllers).
- To always ensure that their acts or omissions do not present a danger to themselves, anyone else, the environment or the safe operation of any plant or equipment.
- To intervene and report any defect in equipment or practice or any dangerous circumstance or event which could affect HSQE performance.
- To comply with all HSQE customer and company requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, AutomationDirect, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat, Toshiba, etc. Must be able to create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up.
- Experience with logic auto-generation from templates is a plus.
- Good team and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work across traditional departmental barriers and develop lasting relationships with colleagues across different departments.
- Effective time management, both in general timekeeping and management of individual and multiple jobs.
- Be professional - loyal to the organisation, take personal responsibility.
- Cultural awareness.
Location: Hoddesdon, HertfordshireSalary: £35,000