Under the direction of a registered nurse, physician, optometrist and/or podiatrist, performs patient care activities and completes required documentation for patients of all ages.
- Performs patient care for patients of all ages and documents patient care as per policy and guidelines.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Provides education and information to patients and family members.
- Provides minor maintenance and restocking of equipment.
- Maintains professional growth and development within nursing field.
- Participates in quality initiative and process.
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides guidance when assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times.
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by JCAHO.
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical Nursing.
- Must be a graduate from an approved Medical Assisting Program. (As designated by the Enterprise MA Steering Committee)
- Military training as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic (68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be considered.
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Completion of a clinical externship. (Extensive clinical experience may be considered in lieu of formal clinical externship).
- MA Certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate actions in volatile situations.
- One year of patient care experience preferred.
- Accepting applications for Medical Assistant OR LPN
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good hand-eye coordination, involves extensive standing walking and occasional lifting.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.