Works under the direction of a registered nurse or physician to provide basic bedside care within prescribed limitations for hospital patients of all ages.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by an RN.
- Observes patients and reports any unusual conditions to professional staff.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests.
- Provides education and information to patients and family members.
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides guidance when assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times.
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by JCAHO.
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing program.
Current Ohio License as an Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN M-IV) certification upon hire.
Basic Life Support(BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- NON PRN - Three months of on the job training to become familiar with policies, procedures, equipment, and techniques.
- LPN - PRN positions.
- Internal candidates must have a minimum of one year related nursing experience.
- External candidates must have two years recent and related experience.
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination.
- Involves extensive standing and walking.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.