- Promotes and adheres to the Standards of Practice as adopted by the American Physical Therapy Association as appropriate for this position.
- Practices according to the Code of Ethics of the American Physical Therapy Association and fulfills legal requirements pertaining to the practice of physical therapy.
- Treats patients in a timely manner and communicates information pertaining to the plan of care and interventions related to the identified needs to the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Provides or delegates treatment to patients consistent with the evaluation and plan of care.
- Regularly assesses the patient and discusses modification recommendations to the plan of care with the Physical Therapist.
- Provides for continuity of care by recording on an ongoing basis, treatment rendered, progress and change in status relative to the plan of care.
- Uses and supervises the use of physical therapy equipment and/or assistive devices.
- Assures the quality of physical therapy services by participating in Quality Assurance activities.
- Works cooperatively with each member of the health care team.
May be required to perform other assignments from time to time as requested by the Leader of Rehabilitative Services. This may include providing services to off site campuses.
- Required to perform vitals (heart rate, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, RPE scale and Telemetry (with RN assistance) on all Cardiopulmonary Rehab patients.
- Able to treat verity of patient populations in aquatic pool.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Physical Therapist Assistant. Must have an associate certificate in Physical Therapy. Must be State of Virginia registered or eligible for registration and actively pursuing registration.
Experience: Job requires no previous experience, but must have or initiate three (3) month period of on-the-job training.Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran