Build your career at Buildertrend! Named to Inc. Magazine's list of Best Workplaces 2020, 2021 & 2022 and ranked Best Places to Work in Omaha 2019, 2020 & 2021!
Buildertrend is looking for a Lead Product Designer to work on the project management software for home builders and remodelers.
Lead Product Designers are responsible for designing experiences that create value for our users within their product area. Working closely with product management and development in a cross-functional, collaborative environment, they create solutions to identified problems. Relying heavily on user research and analytics, they strive to design and articulate the best possible experience for our users and our business.
Lead Product Designers are expected to contribute the same type of work as full product designers; however, the scope of work is expanded to the strategic level to surface, evaluate, and prioritize product and design opportunities for the organization around their area of focus. They are leading performers who are responsible for establishing the vision and direction of the user experience for their area, and then for working with the designers on their team to ensure that that vision is considered as those designers are working on solutions within the user problems they are solving.
Things to look forward to
- Works closely with product management to understand and define opportunities for our business that align with user needs
- Combines qualitative and quantitative customer insights to make design decisions
- Understanding and creating team alignment around user goals, activities, and tasks through user flows, journey maps, etc.
- Collaborates with the PM to create a research plan and conduct user research as needed to better understand possible solutions and/or fill gaps in understanding
- Translates requirements into UX design artifacts (surveys, sketches, user journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, mock-ups, etc.)
- Validates potential opportunities through testing and research
- Works within and continues to evolve BT s design system
- Mentors and provides guidance to product designer working within their defined product focus area
The preferred candidates
- BA/BS Degree in Graphic Design, HCI, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in UX, product, or web design
- Strong design portfolio showcasing your approach to solving a variety of complicated design problems using creativity, critical thinking, and fluency in best practices of user-centered design
- Experience designing both web and mobile applications
- Proficiency with Adobe CS (including XD), Sketch, Figma or other design tools
- Experience in user research techniques including user interviews and usability testing
- Ability to effectively communicate research results and design decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with a variety of UX design deliverables including rapid prototypes, user stories, concept sketches, storyboards, information architecture, interaction design, interface (UI) design, visual design, and infographics
Perks and benefits
- 401 (k)
- Paid Time Off
Buildertrend is cutting-edge, cloud-based project management software. With nearly 1 million users across the globe, we empower the construction industry with a better way to build. Our software helps construction professionals build more projects while reducing delays, eliminating communication errors, and increasing customer satisfaction. From Estimating, Scheduling, and Change Order features to Client Communication and Document Management tools, our feature set is here to streamline every aspect of the construction process. As a partner in our customers success, our team provides unmatched support, every step of the way. At Buildertrend, we believe in providing an all-in-one solution to solve real problems, deliver real results, and change the way the world builds.
Founded in Omaha in 2006, Buildertrend is quickly becoming the industry standard. Buildertrend is changing the way the world builds. Using technology to bring all parties together, Buildertrend has quickly become the product of the future. The innovative solutions and team atmosphere are what makes Buildertrend one of the hottest employers in Omaha.
If you want to learn more about us, check out:
Equal opportunity employer
At Buildertrend, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Buildertrend believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company, and seek to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To see the complete list of Essential Job Functions, click here
Buildertrend participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. For more information, please visit here: