About Sard Verbinnen & Co. (SVC)
SVC is a global strategic communications firm providing advice and services to support reputation and drive long-term value, often in connection with critical issues and transformative events, including transactions, proxy contests, IPOs, litigation and crises. Headquartered in New York, SVC has offices in Washington, D.C., Boston, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Hong Kong. The firm has over 200 employees, including more than 20 partners. SVC has been widely recognized for its leadership in its focus areas. In 2020, Mergermarket ranked SVC the #1 Global PR Firm by deal count for the fourth consecutive year. The Deal named SVC 2019 Financial PR Agency of the Year, and SVC is ranked by Chambers and Partners as a Band-1 PR Firm. For more information, please visit .
SVC is seeking Junior Associate candidates to be based in our West Palm Beach office.
SVC seeks a recent graduate to serve in an entry level account staff position. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to take on a larger role within the office and across the firm.
Junior Associates support senior account staff in a variety of capacities. They work with clients in all industries on both long-term communications assignments and on special situations (e.g. public affairs, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, investor-related issues, crisis, corporate governance, litigation support, etc.).
This professional will:
- Provide real-time media monitoring services to SVC clients.
- Conduct and analyze industry and company-specific research.
- Support SVC's business development by conducting strategic research on potential clients.
- Assist in developing communication materials such as press releases, shareholder letters, investor presentations, media Q&As, etc.
- Serve as an important member of the account staff team, providing support and resources to senior staff members.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the firm.
The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker with strong writing and analytical skills, along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Junior Associates are expected to play a part in the SVC collaborative model and engage in new business opportunities and SVC committees. The candidate will have a strong academic record and less than 24 months of post-university work experience. Knowledge of or strong interest in financial and corporate communications, capital markets, public and international affairs, and investor relations is preferred.
Additional qualifications and experience include:
- Outstanding writing skills, including excellent proofreading and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills, strong attention to detail, and an ability to work diligently under time constraints.
- A collaborative spirit, with strong verbal and written communications skills, and an ability to work well in teams and thrive in a non-hierarchical environment.
- Solid research abilities, analytical skills, and an interest in public policy, regulatory issues, financial markets and international affairs.
- Well-rounded, adaptable and detailed-oriented individual comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Quick-learner and self-starter who is prepared to jump in at a moment's notice.
- A sense of urgency and creative persistence along with a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Able to embrace and embody the SVC value proposition, which combines total candor with sophisticated judgement gained through experience.
- Highly motivated and calm under pressure.
- Technological proficiency, well versed in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint - experience with Bloomberg, Factiva and other media monitoring platforms is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree with an outstanding academic record required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members across multiple levels of the firm.
What We Offer
SVC offers a competitive salary, semi-annual bonuses, and fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as on going employee development and training program.
In addition, this is an outstanding opportunity to interface with the media, corporate, financial and legal communities on a variety of dynamic and high-profile transactions and special situations.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Additional language skills are a plus.
SVC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetics. In addition to United States federal law requirements, Sard Verbinnen & Co complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to Apply
If interested in applying for this position, please send a PDF version of your resume with a cover letter, including the location(s) you are interested in being considered for, to Recruiting@. Due to the volume of responses, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Sard Verbinnen & Co.