WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Infrastructure IT Lead Engineer I will be the Americas agile team member for the Design and Implementation and serve as an escalation point for any infrastructure service incidents and problems related to our global infrastructure services such as - data center, office server platform, cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc ) Though acting as a second level contact, the position will have in depth knowledge of end to end process and problem resolution.
The position will work in close cooperation with colleagues in Europe and Asia, plus global vendors and service providers to support the Global Technology and Operations Team worldwide as part of a follow-sun operations group.
The position will be responsible for identifying any infrastructure service related issues, analyzing the root cause/area, prioritizing according to business impact and criticality of service, planning and implementing a solution in cooperation with our external partners and team.
The candidate will play a key role in BCG's continuing journey to multi-cloud solutions and should have participated or lead these activities.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with people in all BCG regions to ensure consistent Infrastructure services delivery and availability around the world.
- Participate in the Global Data Center vendor management.
- Strong cloud provider understanding and ability to work effectively with international technical teams (AWS, Azure, and GCP)
- Scope of Services include:
- Strong Linux background (primarily Ubuntu and RedHat)
- Server hardware, Operating System , HPSIM, HP Hardware
- File/Print server, Domain Controller, Exchange Server
- Virtualization platform
- Web based Application services
- IP Services
- Server backup and recovery
- Local Area Network
- WAN connection
- SFTP support a plus
- Breadth of Services include:
- Incident and Problem Management
- Change Management for all infrastructure elements
- Monitoring of infrastructure services
- Outage detection, response, resolution
- Maintain documentation of equipment and all necessary diagrams
- Provides cross-coverage to other Worldwide Infrastructure Team members
- Responsible for server administration
- Other duties as assigned
- Respond and resolve operations issues per OLA and SLA
- Continually define new ways to improve existing service offerings, tooling, and process
- Create knowledge documentation and work with Service Center and colleagues in continuous knowledge transfer
- Initiate, inherit, and close team tickets in Service Now
- Stay abreast of industry trends and technologies
- Achieve training necessary to stay current and certified in functional discipline
- Drive the organization to become a best-practice continuous improvement team, with a common language based around ITIL and industry standards
- Establishing Runbooks, SOPs, and MOPs, that document and enhance IT functions
- Drive a spirit of pride and sense of ownership across IT functions globally
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Instills trust
- Excellent customer service orientation; responds to requests with a sense of urgency
- Displays tact, patience and can handle stressful situations
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to define and analyze problems to root cause
- Respects all BCG information as personal and confidential
- Reliable and dependable cooperative team player; displays consideration and respect for others.
- Excellent technology risk avoidance behavior
- Enjoys organizing and putting structures and processes into place
- Understands organizational and strategy and executes against it
- Ability to relate to and coordinate with both highly technical resources and business customers
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and collaborative
- Work within a diverse team of geographically dispersed individuals in a global (follow-the-sun) organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills
- Exceptional work management, organization and planning
- Strong technical skills
- Demonstrated customer services and business orientation
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team bringing a sense of urgency to the tasks at hand
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment
- Must be able to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG's values and culture.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- B.A./B.S. degree in computer related field or professional certification in Microsoft and VMware operating systems.
- 5 or more years of experience with computer and infrastructure-related support with an acuity towards cloud computing
- Fluent English
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Strong Linux background across all/most platforms
- MS Operating systems and technologies including Windows 2012, 2016, 2019 (preferred)
- Server virtualization
- Knowledge of Group Policy Object (GPO)
- Knowledge of MS IIS Web Services
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server (2012, 2014, 2016, 2019)
- Knowledge of IP Services (DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Awareness of IT security best practices
- Knowledge of networking, IP, switches, servers, NICS
- Knowledge of Active Directory for group and user rights
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, etc..) a must
- SFTP services a plus
YOU'LL WORK WITH
BCG's information technology group collaboratively delivers the latest digital technologies that enable our consultants to lead and our business to grow. For our IT jobs, we seek individuals with expertise in the areas of IT infrastructure, application development, business systems, collaborative and social technologies, information security, and project leadership.