IT Infrastructure Engineer / Systems Engineer
£35,000 - £42,000
Location: Manchester, Trafford Park
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Systems Engineer/Manager for a successful group of textile trading companies. They are looking to recruit a candidate with a strong mix of computing skills within both Hardware and Software and who has a desire to learn about the internal business systems and work as the implementer for the IT strategy for the business. This person will assist with a range of internal projects, as well as meeting key criteria as set out in the IT strategy to progress their digital transformation. The role will be based just outside Manchester in Trafford Park and includes excellent benefits and career opportunities.
- You must be able to develop an excellent understanding of the business, including existing systems working with their ERP software, where you will contribute to the development and maintenance of internal systems.
- You will have worked with ERP Systems in a previous role with a preference for Intact IQ.
- You will have a solid understanding of system integration design and implementation.
- Working with stakeholders on create internal process enhancements and provide feedback on functionality and usability.
- IT Management - managing Windows Servers, Active Directory, VMWare, Networking & Security, Printers.
- Responsible for ensuring relevant Backups are in place and ensuring these are regularly monitored/tested (Veaam)
- Office 365 Management - managing Office 365 users, groups, security etc.
- Managing VOIP telephone system.
- Providing regular updates and reports to the General Manager.
- Providing input into project documentation including business and functional specifications.
- Assist our digital team with ecommerce integration and database management.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems (Mainly ERP systems & EDI Systems) (Intact iQ knowledge would be advantageous).
- You will have excellent knowledge of managing and administering SQL database.
- An understand of SSIS and ETL principles is important.
- Industry related experience would be beneficial - e.g. textiles, manufacturing or fmcg.
- Experience working with external vendors/support teams.
- Some knowledge of programming languages such as C#.
- Experience of managing network and infrastructure operations from a systems administration point of view.
- Knowledge and experience of architecture processes and performance reports is highly advantageous.
- Experience of back-up solutions, service migration and network security is beneficial.
- Experience of managing internal hand held devices such as phones and end user device management.
- Experience of working in Office365 and Azure environments would be highly advantageous.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Drive and determination.
- Self-motivated and a positive approach.
- Team player.
- 20 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) plus holiday loyalty scheme.
- Offices offer free parking and are close to the new Trafford Park Metrolink line (open now) - 300m away.
- Relaxed but driven working environment.