OSB Group is a leading specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on carefully selected segments of the mortgage market. Our specialist lending is supported by our Kent Reliance and Charter Savings Bank retail savings franchises. Diversification of funding is provided by sophisticated securitisation platforms. OSB's unique cost-efficient operating model is supported by our wholly-owned subsidiary OSBIndia.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on all incidents assigned to the team. However, most of your work will be complex or sensitive tickets that need a higher level of knowledge and skill to resolve our challenging customer issues.
The role is essential to the organisation and you will be seen as a technical expert within the field, this would also lead to extensive involvement in project planning for future services as well as maintenance and upgrade planning for existing. The role holder would be expected to provide technical assurance for all changes within the remit of their technology tower and be accountable for the stability within their technologies.
Reporting to the VMware & Storage Lead, you will work across Server, Storage and Backup technologies, and the candidate would be expected to have expert level knowledge in these areas. This role forms part of an Infrastructure team providing both BAU and Project support to our clients. Working in a SLA driven environment to deliver high levels of customer service to our client.
Your responsibilities will include
- Day to day maintenance and patching of the existing VMware services for in house and hosted environments
- Recommend, plan and design changes to the VMware virtualisation infrastructure to address the requirements of the business
- To ensure optimum performance and availability of on premise VMware ESXi servers through monitoring and pro-active maintenance and housekeeping
- To provide rota based, on-call support for VMware and/or recently implemented solutions
- Be involved in Infrastructure MIs as a technical specialist and support for account aligned Infrastructure Engineers
- To provide VMware, Citrix and additional technology monitoring, including regular information reports, analysing performance and capacity profiles
- Self-managing complex enterprise projects
We are looking for talented individuals who have proven and demonstrable experience and knowledge set out below:
- Previous in depth experience of working with VMware vCenter Server, ESXi and Enterprise Storage technologies (Dell PowerStore, HPE 3Par and Nimble)
- Backup and recovery technologies including Dell Integrated Data Protection Appliance, Veeam and Zerto
- Experience of working with Dell and HPE hardware including installation, configuration and support
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of ITIL methods and change process
- Qualification in VCP or related work experience
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves.