A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America's largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what's possible?
Provide Industrial Engineering support and guidance for Southwire TCAS plants. The individual will coordinate continuous improvement initiatives, cost reduction projects, project management, and lean practice implementation. This individual will make process improvements to meet operational performance objectives.
Description of Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive and track cost-out and throughput
- Work with manufacturing teams and equipment vendors to specify equipment
- Assist with sustainability reporting (Environmental, Human Capital, and Safety)
- Facilitate follow up on equipment installations and commissioning
- Maintain cycle times and machine rates for the production floor (time studies)
- Understand standard cost and perform cost analysis on manufacturing operations
- Work with a variety of systems including but not limited to SAP, and other ERP systems
- Capital project requests, justifications & capital expenditure progress tracking and reporting
- Support manufacturing lean initiatives.
- Gather, analyze, and evaluate ideas from manufacturing to improve or develop new functionality within materials management or production planning.
- Support the creation of training documentation for SOPs and standardized work.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of Engineering education, pursuing a Bachelors of Science. Industrial Engineering is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and expertise of engineering methods and concepts.
- Must have strong analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Must possess strong excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well on cross functional teams
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to think critically and logically.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must have excellent software skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.