Health & Safety Manager Pontrilas, Herefordshire Full Time £38,000-£42,000
With over 40 years of experience covering Herefordshire and the neighbouring counties, Collins Design and Build offer the complete package from consultancy to construction. We operate across Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Agricultural sectors.
What can Collins Design and Build give to you?
- Company car
- Government pension scheme via Peoples Pension
Are you the right person for us?
- At least 10 years' experience of working in the construction industry
- Experience with CITB levy and grant applications
- Knowledge of CPCS training requirements
- Understanding of current CDM regulations
- NEBOSH General or Construction Health & Safety an advantage
What will your role as a Health & Safety Manager look like?
- Recording and investigating accidents and incidents
- Leasing with HSE & completing F10 notifications where required,
- Ongoing updating requirements for Accreditations and Certifications i.e. Constructionline, CHAS
- Ensuring all staff are security cleared for various MOD work
- Updating of staff training matrix and ensuring training and refresher training is up to date
- Carry out on-site inspections identifying hazards and working with site managers to implement control measures
- Preparing site documentation including risk assessments, method statements, construction phase plans, Health and Safety files etc.
- Liaising with clients and Sub-contractors
- Assessing sub-contractor RAMS
- Ensuring LOLER inspections are up to date for all lifting equipment and accessories
- Liaising with third-party Health & Safety consultants and Safety Groups
- Ensuring all premises statutory requirements are in place
- Updating company policies and procedures
- Preparing information for pre-qualification questionnaires
- Keeping up to date with current legislation and best practice
- Ensuring welfare provision is provided for site works
- Preparation and delivery of regular Toolbox Talks for onsite staff
- Applying for temporary and permanent utility connections with service providers
- Coordinating on-site work with utility companies, drainage, road closures and traffic management provision.
- Providing health & safety support to the fabrication workshop, and other managers in the organisation
If you are ready to start your career at Collins Design and Build, then click APPLY now! We can't wait to hear from you!