Planned Parenthood North Central States
Health Center Associate II (HCA II) Brooklyn Park, MN
Starting salary for candidate who meets minimum requirements (Experience will be compensated): $20/hour
Typical Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom, and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That s why we protect, promote, and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care, and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Click here to learn more: Our Mission
A Day in the Life
Under immediate supervision of the Health Center Manager, the Health Center Associate II performs routine clinic duties associated with a reproductive health program within the scope of their clinical training and toolkit. Provides excellent customer service. Health Center Associate IIs are advocates in implementing our mission To affirm the right to reproductive health and freedom for all by providing excellent care, trusted education, and fierce advocacy. They may perform other related duties to support health center operations as assigned.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday-Thursday 12:00pm-8:30pm, Friday 10:00am-6:30pm
This position will impact us with the following contributions:
- Interview and screen patients, conduct patient history review, document in electronic medical record, and prepare patients for examinations/procedures. Monitor patient vital signs.
- Perform routine laboratory tests including venipuncture. Communicate lab test results to clinician.
- Process receipt of incoming lab results.
- Set up exam rooms and prepare patients for their clinical visits.
- Provide factual patient education. Provide additional education after clinician or RN assessment. Including explanations of all FDA approved birth control methods. Provide unbiased specific instruction on the client s selected birth control method.
- Assist clinician as needed.
- Provide contraceptive supplies, medications including injectables, perform venipuncture, and manage patients with medical emergencies per PPNCS protocols under direct supervision of licensed nurse practitioner, physician s assistant, physician, or registered nurse.
- Assure inventory control of clinic and contraceptive supplies including ordering, stocking, inventory reconciliation and tracking.
- Communicate PPNCS protocols, policy and procedures to clinicians and staff as appropriate. Assure clinic manuals are up to date (e.g., clinic, lab, safety).
- Provide factual, unbiased information to patients seeking abortion.
- Describe the difference between medication and surgical abortion.
- Inform patients in a non-directive manner about all options available to them in the event of an unintended pregnancy and make a referral for service based on the patients needs.
- All health center staff are expected to participate in the onboarding of new employees and supporting the cross-training of established employees.
- Follow all laws regarding mandatory reporting.
- Participate in team approach to patient care working cooperatively with others to achieve productivity standards and exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Planned Parenthood policies and procedures and apply these to patient and clinic services.
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification
The ideal candidate has reproductive health experience and NextGen or other EHR experience.
This position is eligible for:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision With equity-based premium tiers
- NICE HEALTHCARE free, virtual primary care for entire household (in-home available for qualifying locations) Services include: 80 free labs, free x-rays, and physical tests, live, virtual physical therapy, 550+ free medications
- Flex Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Eligibility for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- PTO, Float holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Eight weeks paid Parental Leave
- One Week Paid COVID leave, if necessary
- Pet Insurance
We require all PPNCS employees, volunteers, interns, and fellows to have a current, up-to date, COVID vaccine (Exemptions may be provided for medical, disability (ADA) or religious reasons.)
The position you are applying for is in a health center with direct patient care, therefore, if you were to be offered and accept employment, we would require the following documents from you prior to your first day of employment. Please do not bring this documentation to your interview you will have forms to complete that require the documentation should you be offered the position.
- Hepatitis B vaccination records and titers delete
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccination records or proof of immunization
- Chicken Pox vaccination records or proof of immunization
- Tetanus shot documentation
- Tuberculosis PPD Skin Test that is no older than 12 months
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status, or status regarding public assistance. Planned Parenthood is committed to encouraging and promoting diversity as well as providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Planned Parenthood is dedicated to an equitable and inclusive work environment and encourages all interested candidates to apply regardless of initial skill set.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)