Groundworks® is the nation's leading and fastest-growing foundation solutions company. Headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA, the company currently provides foundation and water management solutions including, foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space repair and encapsulation and concrete lifting services. Since 1975, Groundworks companies have helped nearly 1.5 million homeowners protect and repair their most valuable asset, their home. Groundworks operates over 40 offices and has been named numerous times to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies, BBB integrity award, and Best Places to Work.
Head of SEM - Groundworks
If you are an expert SEM leader looking to take your career to the next level, then look no further!
Groundworks is seeking a full-time, Head of SEM to join our acquisition marketing team.
As the Head of SEM at Groundworks, you will be responsible for all SEM account strategy, management, analysis, optimization, integration, and progression of our SEM efforts to generate qualified opportunities and sales for Groundworks and its subsidiaries.
Do you love solving complex problems with data and figuring out ways to use automation at scale?
If yes, then this is the career for you!
Working directly with the Director of Acquisition, the Head of SEM will lead the charge in using automation, structures, attribution, creative, bids, budgets, external variables, and personalization to connect our SEM efforts to our local branch performance. Daily responsibilities include actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing campaign performance and building and executing the strategic roadmap for SEM evolution.
This position requires an entrepreneurial spirit that embraces forward-thinking to innovate and leverage data and technology. Granularity is crucial as you will be required to analyze data in great depth to recommend strategies and tactics for moving accounts forward effectively.
If your superpower is attention to detail and the ability to tell a data story from in-depth campaign performance reports, we want to talk to you!
- Perform daily campaign activities for Paid Search Campaigns, including bid analysis, budget allocation, performance monitoring, strategic testing, campaign expansion, etc.
- Setup, optimize, and scale Paid Search Campaigns on Google and Bing.
- Analyze large data sets and track, monitor, and optimize performance against critical KPIs to better align to business objectives.
- Create executive reports to communicate project improvements, upcoming initiatives, current performance, and market conditions.
- Continuously analyze paid search campaigns and adjust strategy and budgets accordingly.
- Ongoing keyword optimizations and audits, including search query mining, keyword expansion, and advanced use of negative keywords.
- Understand product mix by the marketplace to determine opportunities to enhance sales and profitability.
- Analyze and test keywords, dayparting, ads, ad formats, budget and device allocation, tracking techniques, landing pages, and automated reports.
- Generate bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly analytics reports and other reports as needed on an ad hoc basis.
- Assemble and analyze data on account performance; execute and communicate strategic recommendations.
- Perform testing against various ad extensions.
- Identify and maintain relationships with third-party vendors who support Groundworks' paid marketing efforts.
- Research, develop, and test new audience segments (e.g., retargeting, custom intent, custom affinity audiences, etc.).
- Stay updated on the latest trends and best practices in paid search and other relevant digital marketing.
- Assist in setting up, managing, and optimizing our Google LSA (Local Service Ads) accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Analysis, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or equivalent experience. Masters a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask on multiple simultaneous projects
- Capable of working independently while also leading within a team environment
- 5+ years experience managing paid search campaigns at scale
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e., pivot tables, XLOOKUPS, If/Then)
- Experience working in all the following: Google AdWords, Google Analytics, AdWords Editor, Bing Ads
- Experience with Conversion Rate Optimization
- Certification in AdWords and Bing preferred
- Experience with A/B testing tools preferred
- Competitive salary + Performance-Based Bonus
- Health Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Matching
- Paid Vacation