We are proud to be recruiting a Head of Finance for a brilliant business on the Isle of Portland. This is a strategic addition to an ambitious high-quality Divisional Senior Leadership Team. This will be a challenging and commercially focused role, both operational and strategic. This is a hybrid role with an expectation of 2/3 days in the office and the rest from home.
The role includes:
- Partnering with the Directors and wider business to support key decision-making and forward-looking strategy.
- Acting as the Financial Business partner to the UK business:
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Company.
- Identify growth and profitability opportunities.
- Provision of financial information, insight, and analysis to operational teams.
- Supporting operational delivery.
- Challenging performance.
- Drive efficiency.
- Optimise Operational cost base.
- Provide leadership to the Company finance team.
- Developing the commercial, value add capabilities of the finance function.
- Provide support to the Frameworks/Tendering team to establish rates and charges appropriate to customer needs.
- Overall stewardship of the function.
- Lead the budgetary, forecasting, and financial reporting activities, report on variations to budget, and suggest improvements.
- Lead all elements of Financial Control.
- Work collaboratively with the Group Finance functions.
- Seek continuous improvement within the function, and further develop best practice standards.
Drive data-led decision-making on a day-to-day and strategic basis.
- True business partnering - provide support to wider business and leadership team.
- Direct all aspects of financial management, cash management regulatory and financial reporting, budget, and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage GL, AP, AR, Project Accounting and FP&A processes.
- Manage cashflow and cashflow forecasting.
- Manage reporting & compliance for local reporting & filing (HMRC, VAT, ONS, etc.).
- Maintain compliance with technical accounting issues in reporting.
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls to create a performance improvement culture.
- Financial corporate governance and monitoring financial controls and KPI's
- Ensure robust cost control.
- Support and challenge the Leadership team in the delivery of the strategic and operational priorities and identify internal and external development opportunities.
- Project management of the annual budget and quarterly forecast process, taking full ownership of the accuracy of overhead forecasts and supporting the Heads of Departments in managing and understanding their budgets.
- Leverage insights and data, to drive actions developing links between internal and external KPIs to monitor business performance.
- Managing and developing the finance team.
- Develop the wider business Commercial competence through training, business performance reviews and extensive interactions.
Provide support for a wide range of processes and projects as required.
We are looking for:
- Strong leadership with a proven ability to inspire, coach and mentor a team.
- People and results focused.
- Commercial mindset.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, deadline driven, corporate environment.
- Confident and effective in working with non-financial teams.
- Proactive in engaging others in solving problems.
- Self-starting and assertive.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- ACMA /ACCA / ACA qualified.
- Have strong systems skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Strong analytical skills - Ability to manage data, draw out insight, and key messages.
- Change management or continuous improvement mentality.