My client has been supplying audio visual solutions for more than 20 years.
They are in the process of developing the brand to further their expansion into Large Format Displays and Interactive TouchScreens, as well as professional meeting room solutions and, are recruiting a few roles to support this grow
They have built up a successful business specialising in projection, displays and collaboration technology. They are entrepreneurial in their approach. They have built strong partnerships with some major brands - Barco, BenQ, Epson, NEC, Sony and Panasonic to name a few, as well as holding strong relationships with distributors, this means they are always able to purchase competitively and offer the best products and solutions to their clients.
Confident in their management, systems and product, they are now looking to recruit an experienced Sales Account Manager to join the sales team and support their growth strategy.
When it comes to recruitment, they look for confident salespeople who are both IT savvy and client solution oriented. It is not necessary to have prior knowledge of their sector as they offer full in-house training and continual coaching and development. Culturally, the are all target driven, client focused and sociable as a team and in the wider industry.
Job Description - Sales Account Manager
The role is for a new sales account manager to join their existing team based from our offices in Kingston-Upon-Thames and is a great opportunity for a sales person to further develop their skills, and be part of a new phase in our business.
Sales enquiries are predominately of an inbound nature by phone and email relating to audio visual solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for sales from existing accounts, handling new enquiries and developing new business supported by the management team.
The successful candidate will be highly effective in navigating the customer through all facets of the audio visual (AV) solution, they must have an ability to seek a clear understanding of the requirement and deliver a value based sales solution.
- Respond to customer enquiries by phone, email and face to face.
- Develop strategies for up-sell/cross-sell opportunities, including those that sit outside your direct client remit.
- Develop and build sales relationships by proactively gaining an understanding of the customers' requirements and business objectives.
- Develop pitch strategies and learn from your successes by tailoring your approach.
- Proactively build your knowledge of the products.
- Leverage knowledge and experience to identify the correct product and solution that meets the customers' objectives.
- Plan and organise sales leads responding to them in a way that meets customer expectations and builds long term relationships.
- Analyse your pipeline and identify opportunities and threats to your target and contribute to the forecasting cycles and business planning.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to customers, suppliers and vendors in all activities.
- Develop new business and strengthen relationships through an advisory sales approach.
- Work closely with and support the management team in meeting the business objectives.
- Ability to attend pre-sales meetings/demo on qualified opportunities.
- Quickly and accurately process enquiries, queries and purchases.
- Help to ensure the smooth flow of information and collaborative working across the team.
Personal SkillsWe want to recruit a passionate self-starter, who has an independent approach and strives for improvement and developement.
- Personable, positive and enthusiastic individual who strives to gain knowledge and experience.
- Confident in sales with a consultative approach.
- Dynamic in approach and open to a changing environment.
- A team player, can work to achieve own goals/targets whilst remaining supportive within a team.
- Target driven high achiever.
- A proactive approach to learning.
- Ability to handle constructive feedback and take a proactive approach to development.
The ideal candidate may have some of the following
- A basic understanding of general display technology covering projection, large format displays and interactive touchscreens, with a more in-depth knowledge of at least one (training will be provided).
- A basic understanding of content delivery - wired, wireless or collaboration systems.
- A technical sales or support background would be an advantage but not esssential