We are looking for long-term, permanent workers. The position does not require previous experience as training will be provided. Position is working in a poultry processing plant doing a variety of duties.
The shift patterns are
Monday to Friday (8.30am - 4.30pm). 37 hours per week.
Monday to Friday backshift (2pm - 10pm). 37 hours per week. Packing and Cleaning shifts available.
Part-time (Packing Only). Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 4pm-8.30pm. 18-20 hours per week.
The starting hourly rate offered is currently £11.07 per hour. This will Increase in increments of 2.5% at months 3 (£11.35ph), 9(£11.63ph) and 24 (£11.92) of being in the position.
If you are interested in this position, I encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as suitable candidates will be contacted right away and we can invite you for a tour of the plant so you could see if this position would suit you.
Tasks and duties included in the role:
• Carrying out duties as directed by the Plant Manager/Team Leader.
• Collecting accurate and repeatable data for all clients.
• Aiding in the production of safe wholesome poultry meat.
• Adhering to good hygienic practices and defined operating procedures, e.g. HACCP, SOP's, etc.
• Achieving and maintaining personal performance targets.
• Being involved in the processing of poultry from delivery of livestock to the cutting of carcases and packing of meat.
• Operating as part of a team to achieve team goals.
Essential skills and abilities expected of candidates:
• Great communication skills
• Being comfortable working in a chilled food environment
• Displaying a flexible approach to tasks
• Able to work confidently and responsibly unsupervised or as part of a team
• Able to work effectively under time pressure and deadlines
• Good manual dexterity
Desirable but not essential, as training will be provided:
• Experience of working in butchery, meat processing plants or a similar environmental.
• Experience of working with knives
Our client offers a number of benefits to their employees. Some of them include:
25 days of holiday per annum (5 weeks in total). Rising to 26 days after 2 years of service etc., up to 30 days after 7 years of service.
Maternity pay and leave. 26 weeks full pay + 13 weeks statutory maternity pay + 13 weeks unpaid (after qualifying period)
Pension scheme - 5% of salary is matched with employer's contribution of 10%.
Cycle to work scheme and other benefits.