Performs all aspects of Echocardiographic ultrasound testing.
- Performs echocardiograms, stress test, stress echoes, and Dobutamine stress echo.
- Assists cardiologist with transesophageal echocardiograms.
- Consults with cardiologist for interpretation of test results. Maintains records of testing for documentation.
- Provides daily account of patient's charge requisition with appropriate ICD9 codes.
- Provides training and acts as a resource for echocardiogram students, residents and physicians.
- Provides testing for add-on emergency patients.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times, including products and service quotes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from two (2) year cardiovascular technologist program. Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients, families, physicians and other health care worker.
- Ability to empathize with patients and families.
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or Registered Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT), RDCMS eligible.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- 5 years experience in echo and vascular ultrasound exp. preferred.
- Interact with patients, families, physicians and other health care workers.
- Good hand coordination for positioning of probe and equipment.
- Good vision to analyze computer screens and VCR recordings to diagnose test results.
- Use good judgment in stressful emergency situations.
- Adequate mathematics skills to maintain accurate record and report.
- Physical Duties: Moderate lifting and positioning of patients.
- Moderate pushing and pulling of equipment.
- Working Conditions: 100% air-conditioned.
- Moderate risk of exposure to blood or air-borne pathogens
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.