Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worlds leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporations infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a Director of Global Supply Chain Planning & Logistics. This role will lead the Materials Planning and Logistic teams to achieve Supply Chain / Operational Excellence.
This is a full-time position based in our global HQ in Omaha, NE and includes a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. Travel requirement will be approximately 25%.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain over 200K SKUs through multiple global manufacturing and warehouse locations.
- Lead S&OP meetings that includes reviewing Demand & Supply Forecasts, Performance to Forecasts, Financials, and critical business decisions.
- Oversee the production planning process to ensure raw materials are delivered on-time to convert into finish goods to meet dealer/customer demand.
- Plan and coordinate the work of the purchasing team (Buyers) to ensure the right raw materials are ordered and available in the right quantities to support demand and production forecasts.
- Enhance inventory management process to improve inventory turns and cash flow.
- Optimize the Transportation and Warehousing/Logistics processes and functions.
- Develop high performance supply chain materials planning and logitstic team to support sales growth and delight our dealers/customers with excellent service.
- Track and monitor supply chain KPIs to drive continuous improvements and meet business goals.
- Champion implementation of new software, systems, and/or technologies to simplify manual tasks while improving overall accuracy and effectiveness within the supply chain.
- Create supply chain planning & logistic strategies that increase efficiency, speed, gross profit and customer loyalty.
- 7+ years experience in Manufacturing environment
- 5+ years experience in Supply Chain Management (Sourcing/Planning/Logistics)
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Management/Engineering/Business
- Excellent knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and supply chain processes.
- Experience implementing and/or utilizing a Transportation Management System.
- Strong background in production planning, transportation and warehousing.
- Leading and developing S&OP process
- Material and warehouse planning, negotiations, and contracts experience
- Strong organizational, process management and decision making skills, including the ability to plan, organize and schedule the work of others
- 80/20 analysis and Materials Planning experience
- Demonstrated experience applying LEAN manufacturing tools (process mapping, Kanban, 6S, Kaizen)
- Understands, implements and monitors risk management factors with the supply base
- Excellent analytical, computer and communication skills.
- APICS certified preferred.