Atwell, LLC is a bold leader in the consulting, engineering, and construction services industry, delivering a broad range of creative solutions to clients in the real estate and land development, renewable energy, and oil and gas markets. We have a strong national presence and a diverse, award winning project portfolio. Atwell is a privately owned company, with 1,000+ passionate team members across 36 locations and growing!
Atwell doesn't just grow careers. We grow each team member as a unique person, encouraging individual growth beyond their field of expertise. We help you bring that expertise to an entirely different level - that of an advocate, someone whose skill and experience is applied with an enhanced sense of engagement and passion. As a rapidly growing company- Our focus is providing the best service by empowering the best professionals. To us, finding the right cultural fit is as important as finding the right technical fit. That probably helps to explain why we have one of the lowest turnover rates in our industry. Passion for the job, the team, and the company, is a must. In return, Atwell will provide you with more than just pay and benefits. You will be mentored by some of the best and brightest in the industry.
To us, Team is not just a word. It's the Atwell way.Atwell Has Been Recognized For 7 Consecutive Years As a Best Places To Work , Hot Firm Nationally By Zweig Group And We Are Proud Recipients Of The Following 2021 Awards
- Recognized by ENR #81 in the ENR Top 500 and ranked in every region;
- Recognized as #7 in the Top 100 firms in the US by Zweig Group
- Recognized in Crain Magazine's Fast 50 for the fastest growing firms
- Named in the Top 50 Coolest Places to Work by Crain Magazine
As a Designer at Atwell, you will support diverse, award winning residential and Master Plan Community projects in a collaborative and flexible environment. Responsibilities include:
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D and related engineering software packages to complete assignments on time and within prescribed standards as outlined in the Atwell Product Quality Manual.
- Provide additional project support by drafting documents and computations including, but not limited to: due diligence/site analysis reports, engineer's opinion of probable costs, project schedules, utility computations, detention/retention computations, storm sewer reports, and local and state permit applications.
- Complete edits and modify plans as reviewed by agencies, municipalities, and clients as directed.
- Conduct research as directed on properties and projects for zoning, local/state requirements.
- Communicate with Project Manager and Team Leader on workload status in order to meet designated chargeability goals.
- A basic understanding and entry level application of the following technical skills that pertain to your assigned region:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Construction Practices
- Grading Design
- Site Planning
- Soil Erosion
- Technical Writing
- MS Office
- Adherence to Atwell Product Quality Standards.
- Assist in preparation of site drawings and construction documents.
- Assist in preparing construction-related services such as: permit applications, construction plans and other related construction documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of previous design experience with residential and master plan communities
- Engineer in Training is preferred
- High School Diploma is required, Technical degree preferred.
- The ability to apply fundamental engineering concepts to practical situations utilizing your background, degree and/or equivalent experience.
To attract and keep the best professionals in the industry, we strive to provide a great working environment and a progressive benefits program designed to support your personal and professional needs.
We will support you to be a lifelong learner. You will be encouraged to give back to your community. Meeting deadlines, budgets and project objectives is important, but of equal importance is meeting your needs through training, advancement, and mentorships.
- Generous PTO
- Paid Parental & Maternal Leave
- Flexible Work Schedules: Remote Work and Hybrid Working Arrangements
- Tenure Awards - Travel Vouchers to see the world based upon your travel preferences
- Competitive Compensation packages
- Annual bonuses, spot bonuses and peer recognition awards
- 401 k) plan matching formula is 50% of your contributions up to 6%
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Licensing / Certification Fees and Renewals
- Financial Rewards for Obtaining Licensure
- Employee Referrals up to $5,000
- Annual Wellness Reimbursement up to $500 for Gym Memberships, build your home gym or set up home ergonomic office
- Medical (BC/BS), dental (Delta), and vision (VSP)
- Health Savings Account & Flex Spending Account options
- Employer paid LTD, STD, and life insurance
- Metlife Supplemental Benefits covering accident, hospitalization, and critical illness
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) with complimentary counseling sessions, legal benefits, financial consultations, and work/life referral services