Job Profile Summary (paragraph form):
Responsible for safe efficient practices for decontamination, instrument assembly, wrapping and sterilization of all reprocessed instruments, distribution equipment, and case cart management. Supports departmental initiatives to meet productivity standard and flexible staffing needs. Responsibilities:
- Performs case pull functions.
- Determines appropriate case carts to be built for specialty procedures.
- Builds case carts ensuring adherence to procedures.
- Dispatches case carts to ensure they are available to surgical/clinical procedures.
- Performs record keeping functions, e.g. processing, sterilization, quality assurance, etc.
- Performs ordering, stocking and inventory control functions.
- Maintains adequate levels, inventories, and orders supplies; stock supplies.
- Participates in in-service education.
- Other duties as assigned.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Preferred one year experience in central service/sterile processing areas and successful completion of recognized training program with certification in central service/sterile processing.
- Ability to perform duties while standing, sitting, stooping, and reaching for long periods of time; ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a continual basis; ability to push, pull, and navigate carts weighing up to 200 pounds and manual dexterity sufficient to perform the basic functions of the job; exposure to environments of bacterial and viral contamination, and possible exposure to sterilization gases.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.