Now Building - Future Leaders!
GBS, a Division of US LBM, Is Seeking Candidates for their Counter Sales Associate Position.
GBS is seeking candidates for our Counter Sales position. We're a people first company that's passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within?
What you should know about working at GBS:
- We're all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other! We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere. This is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. US LBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard! We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We're built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How you will spend your days as Counter Sales:
- Promotes, sells, and secures new accounts for the company.
- Services existing accounts with necessary products, time and information.
- Assists with the selection of products best suited to customer needs.
- Prepares, coordinates and communicates price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, and service obligations to customers/contractors
- Resolves customer complaints and problems.
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check all of these boxes?
Counter Sales Requirements:
- Experience. 3 years of sales experience in building materials or related industry.
- Special Skills. Ability to negotiate prices for contractual agreements. Ability to operate networked computer systems and specialized software programs.
- Special Knowledge. Ability to estimate from blueprints.
- Communication. Must have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills.
- Physical Demands. Ability to drive up to 50% of the time, lift up to 25lbs on a regular basis and 50lbs on a random basis, work in extreme weather conditions. Sitting, stooping, bending, standing or walking for extended periods of time.
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days).
- The Good. 401(k) with company match.
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With GBS Building Supply.
GBS Building Supply a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.