To support the companys mission statement, strategy and sales goals by establishing new customer relationships and retaining and expanding existing customer relationships though the development of affiliations with Centers of Influence and participation in the companys sales management program. The Commercial Lender 1 is responsible for providing updates to the Commercial Lending Manager on progress or current commercial loan files and establishes relationships to enhance lending opportunities. Demonstrate and implement our Trusted Advisor strategy to all internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze data for commercial loan requests.
- Outline loan terms and conditions and inform borrowers of loan commitments.
- Retain and expand all assigned banking office loan relationships.
- Assist borrowers by making appropriate recommendations concerning financing options and financial decisions.
- Provide sales and support for all banking office business clients by being the Commercial Lending product and service expert.
- Originate and service a wide variety of business and individual loans both secured and unsecured.
- Screen loan requests based on financial institution policies and on types of loans offered by the institution.
- Meet individual performance expectations for loans, deposits and fees, while managing their own book of business.
- Maintain compliance with loan policy, procedures and documentation, including loan package preparation, while properly structuring, underwriting and pricing.
- Provide on-going service to existing clients and branch personnel regarding loan questions and issues.
- Work with Commercial Lending Manager or Senior Commercial Lender on recommendations for conditions and terms of commercial loans.
- Follow up on inquiries from applicants and branch personnel.
- Cultivate internal and external referral sources to expand lending opportunities.
- Have the ability to produce and manage a portfolio up to $50 million, including loan servicing.
- Monitor collateral and credit exceptions.
- Monitor and handle delinquency and collection issues and watch lists.
- Assist in the origination of new deposit accounts and Treasury Management services.
- Produce quality referrals through regular calls on prospective and existing customers as well as referral sources.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Education, Certification, License and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in business or finance, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Three years of junior lending experience, or sufficient relevant other experience, two years of credit analysis experience preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills; including negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; sales and goal-oriented personality, with high degree of professionalism.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial products and services.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial lending laws, regulations and practices
- Responsible for knowing and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies that include but are not limited to Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable anti-money-laundering rules, Fair Lending, Community Reinvestment Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and other laws and regulations as they pertain to the position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear, stand or sit for long periods of time, open filing cabinets, walk, stoop or bend, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and complete tasks requiring manual dexterity. Ability to drive a vehicle for travel is required for the position.
Premier Financial Corp is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other legally protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and the qualifications of the person assigned to it. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. Employment is at will and may be terminated at any time.