Adecco are proud to be working with an engineering company who are expanding their team, see details below:
Job Title: CNC Lathe Setter / Operator
Location: Ashford, Kent
Salary: £10 - £15 per hour
Core hours are Monday to Thursday 6am-2pm and Friday 6am-1pm.
You can do a permanent late shift which is Monday to Thursday 1.45pm - 12.00am (25% uplift)
You can also do a rotating shift pattern or core hours and lates (25% uplift)
Or you can do Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4.00pm
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Company events such as BBQs
- Overtime available at a premium rate
- Annual bonus scheme
- Free parking
- Uniform and PPE all provided
- Health cash plan available following probation
Key responsibilities within your new role would be to:
- Set up and operate C.N.C machining centers.
- Machine products to drawing specifications and customers quality requirements, in the most efficient manner.
- Set/operate and maintain 3 & 4th axis CNC Machines.
- Work in other departments when required.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
- Any other duties that you are reasonably asked to undertake that the Management consider to be within your capabilities.
- Work under the company's BS EN ISO 9001, BS EN ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 registration, and relevant customer, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all machinery and equipment is safe to use.
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of self and others working within the department.
- Report any health and safety problems to the Supervisor.
- Complete daily check sheets for the cleanliness of working area.
- Work to ISO methods and procedures always.
- Work to quality systems and procedures.
- Help develop and improve the efficiency of the department and personal effectiveness in accordance with the relevant quality standards.
Experience and skills required for this position:
- Ability to read and edit programmes at the machine.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Ability to interpret and understand inspection reports.
- Ability to use various types of inspection gauges. (Tri bore, Trimos, Thread gauges, Plug Gauges, Rocker gauges, Step Mic etc).
- Ability to understand BS305 Geometric tolerances.
- The ability to work to tight tolerances.
- The ability to use Fanuc controls.
- Have a good understanding of Lean Manufacturing.
- The ability to read and understand written instructions.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of how CNC machine tools work
- Ability to configure CNC machine settings
- Ability to read technical drawings and blueprints
- Ability to use key measuring tools
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Analytical skills
- Minimum 5 years CNC machining experience
- Full knowledge of Fanuc and Siemen controls
- Set up fixtures, tooling, and programmes
If this sounds like an ideal position for you and you have the experience outlined above, then please apply today and you will be contacted by a member of our team if your CV matches our requirements.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.