The global IHS Markit ETF & Benchmarking Solutions (EBS) Team is comprised of subject matter experts in indices, ETFs and corporate actions, dedicated to providing a best in class experience in product support, onboarding, proactive relationship management and customer communications. You will be a part of a global client support team based in Hong Kong that provides customer support for all IHS ETF & Benchmarking Solutions (EBS) products based on GUI, API and SQL. This is a great opportunity to gain opportunity and exposure in a global support function and be the first line of support for Sell-Side customers. The role will work closely with Operations, Product and Development teams to ensure a speedy and accurate resolution of issues. The role will also include providing technical support to both existing and new, prospective customers, in liaison with the sales team. Your Role
- Managing and monitoring the CRM ticketing system for clients' queries and requests related to data quality, delivery, coverage check and technical questions.
- Communicate with internal and external teams to ensure the proper follow up of issues and provide solutions and support to clients effectively and in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot both the customer application UI and backend database against various application systems errors (e.g. data load failures, application issues, system bugs) while providing customer facing feedback and progress visibility.
- Identify, log and report systemic patterns within the product suite that can be translated into system development opportunities, improvements or changes
- Supports Sales in both identifying and retaining customer relationships.
- Finance, Economics or Computer Sciences Degree holders are preferred
- 3-8years of experience in a Customer Services role to manage customer inquiries and requests. Experience in IT Service Desk, Desktop Support team or IT/Database Service Management role is a plus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to document and discuss potentially complex technical concepts to a diverse audience
- Experience in programming language (SQL, JAVA or Python) for Scripting, Stored Procedures, Data Interrogation/Analysis.
- Experience in debugging existing code and developing system workflows to improve performance and data management
- Confident analytical skills and detailed mind
- Experience in communicating and coordinating with internal/external groups to achieve problem resolution under tight SLAs
It's a bonus if you also have (Optional)
- Experience in Ticketing system (CRM)
- Financial knowledge of corporate actions, indices or ETPs
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
275137 Posted On:
Central, Hong Kong